| As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center (HMC) is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD, Center for Advanced Reconstruction and Rehabilitation (CARER), and mentally-and medically- vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine. The UW is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. |
Harborview Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Full-time MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER to join the Madison Clinic to provide direct social work services to patients within assigned service areas.
Provide direct social work services to HMC patients within assigned service area while adhering to the parameters of HMC policies and procedures and NASW Code of Ethics.
Maintain working knowledge of community resources, processes, interventions and requirements pertaining to assigned service area, including but not limited to:
- Mental health crisis intervention, including suicide risk assessment
- Interpersonal violence
- Abuse/neglect of children and vulnerable adults
- Crisis intervention
- Chemical dependency
- Provide skilled social work case management services to assigned Madison Clinic patients of all ages, including but not limited to:
- comprehensive psychosocial assessment
- development of service plans
- systems advocacy and intervention
- crisis intervention
- facilitation of family conferences
- case consultations
- information and referral to appropriate community resources
- Bilingual case managers must demonstrate English/other language proficiency via formal language evaluation (ALTA, DSHS language certification, or equivalent as determined by the department).
- Serve as an ambassador for the Social Work Department and promote effective working relationships within assigned service area and multidisciplinary team, including but not limited to providing colleagues with clinical consultation in area of expertise and demonstrating leadership in complex psychosocial interventions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with agencies providing specialty care to patients within assigned service area.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of medical conditions, treatments and plans of care pertaining to assigned service area.
- Document according to practice area guidelines as outlined in the Social Work Documentation Policy.
- Comply with all aspects of HIPAA regulations.
- Comply with any and all subpoenas.
- Mentor new staff and serve as a Practicum Instructor for Social Work students, as assigned.
- Actively participate in the development of yearly performance goals and implementation plan.
- Attend and participate in supervision and departmental meetings, including Grand Rounds, team meetings and committees as assigned.
- Identify and attend educational seminars which enhance job performance.
- Participate in data collection and quality improvement activities as assigned.
- Complete payroll documentation and leave requests in a timely manner.
- Proactively comply with departmental and hospital-wide initiatives, including HMC competencies, departmental competencies, and vaccination/infection control campaigns.
- As requested, represent the Social Work Department on departmental, hospital-wide and community committees and trainings.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.