The Program Director (PD) oversees the Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership (EMHL) degree program and brings to the position ten or more years of experience in the health industry. EMHL is 16-month program conducted through blended study (online and intensive multi-day campus residential sessions). This program draws mid-career students from throughout the U.S. and beyond who work full time while completing their degree. For program information, see brown.edu/executive.
The PD leads the administrative, professional and academic support personnel responsible for all aspects of the program, including program success and growth. The PD works closely with faculty, external experts, and corporate and foundation leaders who comprise the program advisory committee, and with university leaders and the program Executive/Academic director. The program is managed by the School of Professional Studies (SPS) and supported by SPS staff responsible for enrollment management, marketing, online course development, public relations, student services, and other activities. The PD plays a key role in recruiting candidates, building a network, and establishing corporate relationships for the program, as well as coordinating university services provided to students, and crafting alumni services specific to EMHL graduates. The PD provides learning support for students, monitors online academic activities, and communicates regularly with faculty and program leaders. The PD oversees program evaluation and establishes a practice of continuous improvement. The PD assumes additional responsibilities as appropriate based on interests, needs, and qualifications. The PD serves on the Executive Education Team responsible for strategy, program development, and growth across the SPS portfolio of professional programs.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure the relevance, currency, and quality of delivery of the curriculum in collaboration with the academic director, faculty leaders, the associate dean for professional programs, and other administrative professionals in the School of Professional Studies and at Brown.
- Engage in student recruitment and selection by building a network and establishing corporate relationships for the program.
Oversee professional and administrative activities relevant to the program.
Oversee program evaluation and a process of continuous improvement.
Plan program growth for Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership.
Engage in other activities according to needs and qualifications.
- Masters or other advanced degree, and/or experience in health or healthcare-fields.
- Administrative experience commensurate with a leadership position involving collaboration with senior level colleagues.
- Leadership skill, vision and ability to keep multiple priorities in focus and in progress.
- Proven ability to manage programs or projects, timelines, deliverables and budgets, and to adhere to institutional guidelines.
- Industry experience and the ability to develop and manage corporate relationships.
- Collaborative team player who fosters open communication and cooperation among stakeholders.
- Self-disciplined individual who works independently and applies good judgment.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of current issues in healthcare industry preferred.
- Experience in executive and/or online education preferred.
Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-01-08:00
Job Posting Title:Program Director, Healthcare Program
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.