The Leadership Alliance is a national consortium of 36 higher education institutions and private industry, with a mission to develop underrepresented students into outstanding leaders and role models in academia, business, and the public sector. In its twenty fifth year, The Leadership Alliance and its Executive Office staff are located at Brown University.
The Assistant Director of the Leadership Alliance works collaboratively with the Executive Director and staff to manage, administer and plan the work of the Alliance, and coordinates with the Institutional and Summer Program Coordinators of partner institutions to accomplish the mission of the Alliance. In addition to managing the day-today operations of the office, this position will work closely with the Executive Director to identify funding opportunities, assist in securing and maintaining financial support for Alliance programs and manage the data analysis and reporting efforts for the Alliance. This position will play a critical role in program development and creation of new initiatives, and will lead the Membership and Data Policy Committees as ex officio member.
- BA required, Masterâ??s Degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years related experience
- Experience in obtaining grant and other funding and in administering and monitoring financial resources for projects
- Demonstrated ability in financial management and accounting, including budget development, management, forecasting and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate data, identify patterns, and formulate predictions used to make recommendations
- Knowledge and experience in supervision or management of technical and administrative personnel, working groups, or committees
- Ability to work with a high-level advisory group to coordinate data policy and membership-related matters.
- Excellent verbal presentation skills, communication in writing and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task to meet deadlines
- Experience with marketing is desirable
- Grade 11 Masterâ??s Degree, earned doctoral degree preferred in the biomedical, engineering, physical, social or behavioral sciencesâ??
- Grade 11 at least 4-6 years of related experience
Background check - Criminal/Educational
The candidateâ??s qualifications, education, and skills will determine if the position is a grade 10 or grade 11. â??
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-19-08:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant/Associate Director of the Leadership Alliance
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.