NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Administrative Assistant.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to a group of professionals, and performs administrative duties that may require considerable experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices. This position works under general direction.
- Represent the Department in an appropriate and professional manner in all types of communications and settings; exhibit professional demeanor when dealing with managers, staff, colleagues or vendors; maintain professional attitude and composure in stressful or conflict situations.
- Follow-up on issues and open items without prompting. Respond to emails and all requests timely. Use good judgment when making decisions, understand the implications of such decisions/actions, and inform Supervisor timely.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly, initiate necessary communications without prompting from the Supervisor, to both internal and external colleagues in order to clarify issues, processes, etc.; Keeps supervisor and colleagues in the loop.
- Uses Departmental Systems to enter, record and process project related transactions and activities. Assists Project Management Team in all areas of operations.
- Develops and maintains computerized spreadsheets and databases to enter information and generate reports; produces, revises or refines formal presentation materials using presentation software such as PowerPoint.
- Maintains orderly and accessible filing system consistent with departmental practices for administrative, property or project documentation such as correspondence, contracts, purchase orders, equipment inventory; maintains confidential departmental files; schedules purchases and maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
- Composes correspondence, reports, forms and other documents independently or from notes, transcribing machines, or general instruction from supervisor and staff. Types, formats and proofs materials accurately.
- Answers telephone calls, responds to inquiries, and routes calls; greets, announces and directs visitors; receives and logs incoming mail.
- Coordinates calendar, schedules meetings and allows sufficient time for each activity avoiding scheduling conflicts. Schedules conference rooms for supervisors and staff using online calendar system; arranges for transportation and travel as needed.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of efficient office procedures and recordkeeping practices.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Products, databases and presentation software.
- Demonstrate proper English usage, spelling and punctuation.
- Possess effective communication and interpersonal skills; professional and courteous manners; demonstrate ability to interact with tact and discretion with supervisors, officials, employees and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision; identify problems and implement or recommend solutions.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures within limits of authority; Ability to learn and adapt to new technology relating to office practices and procedures.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information; pay attention to detail and work effectively despite interruptions; demonstrate ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work, and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Five years of administrative support experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.