NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Compliance Specialist.
The Senior Compliance Specialist will assist the Associate Director of Professional Billing Compliance in conducting inpatient and outpatient coding, billing and medical record documentation reviews in accordance with Federal, state and local regulations. Responsibilities include drafting written reports on audit findings and providing in-service training to physicians and staff.
- Responsible for conducting audits of medical records to determine whether services provided to patients are appropriately documented and billed in accordance with Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing regulations and/or standards.
- Assists Associate Director with compliance training initiatives including coordinating training classes, writing and editing compliance manuals, developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Keep abreast of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10, CPT-4 and HCPCS coding changes, compliance issues and regulations and provides communication and updates regarding changes in regulations, policies or procedures pertaining to the Compliance Program.
- Summarizes monthly activity status on the dashboard report.
- Perform research for FGP for questions raised utilizing various sources such the Internet, Federal Register, Medicare Carriers Manual, CPT-4 and ICD-9 books, CPT Assistant and other industry appropriate resources.
- Provides in-services/presentations to the various practices per request.
- Drafts written reports that summarize medical record review findings for Associate Director review.
- Works closely with the physicians and FGP practices in order to educate them as to improvements in billing and documentation practices. Perform in-service training once audit is completed.
- Develops relationships with FGP Practice Managers, FGP departmental administrators, operations managers, etc. to ensure open communication between the Compliance department and the physician practices.
- Performs reviews of Medicare Pre Probe audits and provides recommendations regarding the results to FGP management.
- Assists Associate Director in investigating inquires which may relate to erroneous billing and coding of services.
- Performs and participates in other related duties as required.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in healthcare, business, communications, education law or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of hospital coding and billing experience.
- Certification in clinical coding is required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Must be able to communicate with physicians, senior administrators and office staff.
- EPIC systems and/or EHR experience.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- MD Audit experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.