NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PD-Nurse.
In this role, the successful candidate carries out patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making related to the steps in the nursing process to include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe and compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider (physician or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to implement a comprehensive patient centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes.
- Participates in quality improvement programs and activities that promote patient, family, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Participates in clinical inquiry and activities to foster evidence-based practice.
- Maintains awareness of current evidence-based practice and uses research applicable to patient care.
- Participates in unit based quality and performance improvement program consistent with service and departmental program.
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning needs and promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and students.
- Engages in self-assessment and participates in activities to promote own professional growth and development.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to fulfill responsibilities.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYUMC Service Standards and incorporates into the performance of responsibilities.
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team and promotes collegial relationships.
- Participates in coordination of unit activities to provide patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Supports the missions, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and service line.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care activities.
- Educates the patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of expected outcomes.
- Implements interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Provides Emergency care in accordance with the Centers Policy.
- Identifies expected outcomes and anticipates unexpected or adverse outcomes as individualized to the patient.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnoses.
- Collects patient healthcare data systematically and on an ongoing basis using appropriate assessment techniques and instruments.
- Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York
- Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- One year experience in conjunction with plan to earn baccalaureate degree
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Physician stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities
- BCLS AND ACLS certified
- Nursing experience preferred
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing highly preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.