NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Pulmonary Function Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for ensuring and coordinating delivery of prescribed pulmonary function testing services through direct performance of laboratory studies and supervision of pulmonary function laboratory staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides appropriate instruction/education to laboratory staff, patients, family members, nurses, physicians, affiliated students, and other members of the Medical Center community.
- Demonstrates proficiency in management of pulmonary function laboratory operations; provides leadership, guidance and progressive discipline to assigned staff as required.
- Demonstrates proficiency in patient assessment, clinical aerosol delivery and emergency management procedures related to performance of diagnostic pulmonary function testing.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the calibration and operation of laboratory equipment and performance of diagnostic pulmonary function testing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of accepted standards, policies, procedures, staff responsibilities and instrumentation related to provision of diagnostic pulmonary function testing.
- Associate's degree or equivalent in respiratory care as recognized by the New York State Board for Respiratory Therapy
- New York State respiratory technician license
- Certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (CRT), with CPFT specialty credential
- Computer competency, including basic understanding of, and ability to work with, Microsoft Windows based pulmonary function software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in respiratory care, cardiorespiratory sciences or related area as recognized by the New York State Board for Respiratory Therapy
- New York State respiratory therapist license
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC - RRT credential) with RPFT specialty credential
- Computer competency, including understanding of, and ability to work with, Microsoft Windows based pulmonary function software programs. Excellent
- Two years full time acute care hospital PFT laboratory experience including at least one year PFT laboratory management experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.