NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a F5 Lead Engineer.
Reporting to the Director of Network Engineering, this position is responsibilities for planning and designing network infrastructure and enterprise network solutions; troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems, and providing Tier III support as well as providing written Root Cause Analysis. This position also analyzes capacity issues and develops capacity planning models. This position is responsible for ensuring planned testing activities are executed, as well as developing network guidelines.
- Trouble shoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems. Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
- Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies. Develops capacity planning models.
- Designs and implements network systems.
- Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Must have the ability to provide the non-technical explanation of technology for nontechnical managers, directors and above.
- Great people skills are a must.
- At least 7 years working with F5 Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
- At least 5 years working with F5 Application Security Manager (ASM)
- At least 7 years working with F5 Global Traffic Manager (GTM)
- At least 7 years working with F5 in an enterprise setting.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Seven to ten years of relevant IT work experience in the Networking Field.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or at a minimum Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Strong hands on experience with Cisco IOS, Cisco hardware, IP Routing and Switching.
- MPLS experience, working knowledge of IP Firewalls, IP Load balancers and IP Multicast.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with: TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, LAN/WAN, Service Provider/Extranet networks, Ethernet switching, BGP, EIGRP, SNMP, VPN, MPLS, VRF, Traffic Engineering, IPSEC, etc.
- At least five years experience working with Cisco Nexus Platform, both virtual and non-virtual, Cisco ASR/ISR routers, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Wireless Controllers, Riverbed, Infoblox/QIP, Network Monitoring Tools.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and NAC.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.