NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research.
For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
The Senior OD & Change Specialist operates as a senior internal consultant responsible for delivering a full spectrum of OD and Change Management services at the individual, team, departmental, and organizational levels throughout NYULMC. The Senior OD & Change Specialists recognize that OD tools and approaches are a function of facilitating a larger 'Change' agenda where behavior, team, organization, and culture change is being initiated and delivered on. Awareness, stewardship, and engagement at a level that influences the organization's development are critical requirements. The Senior OD & Change Specialist reports to the Director, Organizational Development and Change.
- Takes a broad view of NYULMC needs, industry trends, and the organization's ongoing transformational projects to anticipate and plan for the types of OD & Change engagements required.
- Engages with leaders at the strategic level of various change initiatives to ensure alignment with NYULMC strategy.
- Identifies the focus of engagements and defines how to initiate, plan for, and ensure that OD and Change Management best practices are consistently applied.
- Distinguishes what to preserve and what to change with available OD tools, assessments and resources. Remains aware of Change Saturation and how to mitigate the situation
- Has the courage to initiate and lead the changes that drive success in interventions including, but not limited to strategy, teambuilding, conflict management, group facilitation, and leadership development.
- Demonstrates learning agility with an ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
- Energizes and enables others by igniting passion to drive success on precarious initiatives that are otherwise seen as immovable cultural norms.
- Drives the execution team on a given initiative by managing change planning, scope, risks, timeline, dependencies and resource requirements.
- Builds relationships based on trust, respect and the spirit of transparency. To this end, provides leadership and management coaching to inspire and sustain organizational change and 'change' management/leadership/ownership as a competency through the organization.
- Provides oversight and mentorship of less experienced resources on the team in using assessment instruments like 360, MBTI, Strengthfinder, Insights etc.
- Establishes strategic partnerships and manages vendors to scale delivery of OD & Change Services.
- Strives for Excellence in Execution by proactively seeking ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
- Key contributor to OD & Change Management team strategy, methodology and framework development for annual performance management and expectation setting.
- Delivers training to various levels of the organization on the Change Methodology in an effort to build and scale the Change competency of NYULMC.
- At least 8 years' experience in Organizational Development, Change Management or related role. MBA or a Master's Degree in OD, Organizational Behavior/Psychology, or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of having built out or delivered an OD/ Change program (with any specialty area) for a mid-large sized organization.
- Certification and/or experience with cutting-edge approaches to organizational transformation and change management e.g. Prosci Methodology, Kotter, AIM.
- Strong project management skills; PMP certified is a plus.
- External consulting experience is a plus, as is prior experience in health care settings. Experience with executive coaching, multi-rater feedback and Myers-Briggs, Insights facilitation preferred.
- Must also demonstrate:
- Superior communication skills
- Willingness to take risks
- In depth Self-Awareness
- Ability to see opportunity in difficult situations
- Ease presenting for tough audiencesStrong program management skills
- Attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- A deep customer service ethic
- Ability to be a team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well.
We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.