NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Lab Assistant (Animal Research).
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing laboratory and animal rooms, sanitizing animal cages and related equipment, and performing errands in support of departmental activities.
- Picks up and/or delivers items as necessary.
- Carries out errands according to Supervisor's instructions.
- Completes errands promptly.
- Cleans animal cages and equipment following established schedule.
- Prepares animal housing and equipment for cleaning process.
- Operates cage-wash machines correctly, following safety guidelines.
- Notifies the Supervisor in the event of equipment malfunction.
- Assembles necessary supplies and equipment needed to complete duties.
- Sweeps and mops all areas thoroughly.
- Empties all trash receptacles and disposes of trash properly.
- Disposes of laboratory waste in accordance with established protocols.
- Performs additional cleaning as required, or upon request.
- To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to speak and write fluent English
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.