The Research/Education Mission at NYU Langone Medical Center is proud to announce that it will be holding Interview Days for Research Technicians from March 20 through March 24.This is a tremendous opportunity for individuals to learn about this position and the amazing benefits of working at our organization. Please apply online to be considered. Qualified applicants will be contacted with a scheduled time and location for their interview.
NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing advanced lab duties under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision. This position assists senior and supervisory technicians in all advanced procedures.
- Is able to recognize problems as they occur and through the application of appropriate policy/ procedure, determine and/or recommend the appropriate solution.
- Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties and asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes reference sources/materials to endure accuracy.
- Advises appropriate personnel of situations/problems requiring intervention or follow-up attention.
- Cooperates, communicates and relates well to all levels of Medical Center.
- Listens carefully to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions or obtain needed information.
- Communicates ideas, problems, suggestions, and messages in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all research information.
- Assists in implementing new procedures and protocols to support experiments.
- Participates actively in developing, recommending and implementing new approved procedures, or modifications to existing protocols and procedures.
- Maintains and updates technical knowledge.
- Performs advanced lab duties under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision.
- Assists senior and supervisory technicians in all advanced procedures.
- In addition to those duties expected of an Associate Research Technician, Research Technicians may be expected to coordinate the repair and preventive maintenance of lab equipment.
- Will be expected to assist in experiments using established protocols and procedures, and records results of experiments.
- Collecting and analyzing data from various devices (a statistical background is an advantage).
- Scanning and acquiring data from research subjects as well as aiding in clinical scanning.
- Develop new methods for using and interpreting data from ocular imaging devices.
- Perform and assist experiments with healthy rodents and rodent models for ocular disease.
- Organize and track relevant laboratory data.
- Write and file laboratory protocols.
- Perform literature searches.
- Write up and prevent research findings in research posters, presentations, journal articles, and peer reviewed manuscripts.
- Write up and reviewing of review articles and book chapters.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and interact with students, post-docs, fellows, clinicians, and representatives from ocular imaging device companies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Life Sciences or a related field with one year of experience.
- Advanced or beyond basic lab training will be accepted in lieu of experience as assessed by the hiring Principal Investigator.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree and experience in clinical research, bioengineering or digital imaging is preferred.
- Software development is helpful.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.