| This is a challenging role where you will provide insightful credit analysis and publish research on a broad variety of sector-specific topics. You will represent the team on cross line-of-business task forces and, over time, you will represent the company in a variety of external venues. Key responsibilities include: |
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of credit quality, including an assessment of operating, financial, regulatory, governance and management risks. Financial analysis notably includes liquidity, debt and other long-term obligations, historical financial performance and the assessment of future debt repayment abilities.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the specific regions and states in which the portfolio of credits operates.
- Present in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a regular basis to rating committees and in credit discussions to assign and maintain credit ratings.
- Build relationships with investors, issuers and their intermediaries and manage key strategic internal and external relationships.
- Publish high quality research on individual borrowers as well as credit and sector trends.
- Over time, the AVP will participate in investor outreach with other senior higher education and PFG team members. Moderate travel is expected.
- Mentor junior analysts
Moody's Global Higher Education and Not-For-Profit Ratings Team is part of Moody's Public Finance Group and is responsible for rating colleges and universities, not-for-profit organization and independent schools, both in the US and increasingly globally.
- Demonstrated credit or financial analysis experience or related experience, particularly in the higher education, not-for-profit or healthcare sectors.
- Good understanding of accounting, investment management, and financial analysis.
- Some knowledge of the municipal debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Master's degree, such as an MBA or MPA , in a related area strongly preferred.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.