Required qualifications include the following:
- Earned doctorate;
- Record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service with eligibility for the rank of full professor in one of the departments within the College; and
- Successful administrative and leadership experience in higher education.
Preference will be accorded to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of the disciplines and programs that comprise the Beaver College of Health Sciences;
- Evidence of promoting a caring, respectful, and inclusive community for students, faculty, and staff;
- Commitment to support of disciplinary and interdisciplinary environments and curricula that lead to student success, and the ability to lead faculty and staff in creating transformational, inter- professional educational experiences for students;
- Commitment to support of faculty development, including research and creative activity;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively, decisively, collaboratively, and transparently with academic leadership, faculty, students, staff, donors, Advisory Council members, community partners, and other stakeholders important to the College;
- Commitment to diversity;
- Innovative vision and managerial skills to protect, nurture, and enhance increasingly rigorous and superior-quality programs;
- Demonstrated success with strategic planning;
- Demonstrated fundraising experience;
- Experience with building and sustaining community partnerships; and
- Dynamic team-building and leadership skills with evidence of deep appreciation of, and support for, shared governance.
Confidential applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications and nominations should be provided by February 24, 2017.
How to Apply
A complete application will include a letter describing relevant experiences including efforts to increase diversity and inclusion and interest in the position and a current resume or curriculum vitae. It is requested that the application package include the names of five references with titles, institutions, and contact information. References will not be contacted until approval is provided by the candidate. These materials should be submitted to the ASU application portal at http://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/14316
Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should send an email with information about the nominated individual to Greenwood/Asher & Associates, an executive search firm, which is assisting ASU in this search. Please include the name, position, address, telephone number, and email address of the nominee.
Inquiries and nominations should be submitted to:
Jan Greenwood or Betty Turner Asher, Partners
Sharon A McDade, Principal & Senior Executive Leadership Consultant
Patricia Gibbs, Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206 Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277 / Fax: 850-650-2272
For more information about Appalachian State University, please visit http://www.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact Dr. Sharon A. McDade at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proper documentation of identity and employability will be required before the hiring process can be finalized. Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.