We are currently seeking three part-time teachers for our school-age program. These positions are typically scheduled to work 25 hours per week, except when school is out (CPS Holidays, Breaks, etc.), when we run a full day program. Each of our classrooms has 30 children and two teachers (15 to 1 Ratio). Additionally, these teacher positions are eligible for benefits. Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays, etc.
We serve children ages 5 years to 13 years old and typically each classroom serves one grade level. Teachers work 5 hour shifts between 1:30pm to 6:30pm or until the last child is picked up. We are looking for team players who are passionate, nurturing, and committed to youth development. This position reports to the School-Age Manager and the Director of Youth Programs and Services.
- Planning fun and educational activities to keep children engaged throughout the summer program. Activities can include trips to nearby attractions, sports, games, food experiences, character-building exercises, music and dance performances, arts and crafts, foreign languages, math or science activities, etc.
- Engaging one on one with children daily about their lives, interests, and experiences
- Establish consistent rules and behavioral expectations and convey them clearly and consistently. Help children to resolve conflicts by using a problem-solving approach. Ask children open-ended questions and make suggestions to promote problem solving.
- Supervising and ensuring the safety of all children at all times including on field trips and walking trips
- Ensuring DCFS Licensing guidelines are met at all times
- Administering medications if necessary (given proper training)
- Completing daily attendance and meal participation
- Building relationships with parents and communicating professionally and respectfully at all times
- Upholding the mission of our organization in demonstrating our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Creativity, Advocacy, Respect and Empowerment