• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Auditing, or related field and a minimum of 6 – 8 years of related professional-level experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expertise in performing financial auditing and/or compliance functions including: risk analysis, identification of controls, development of testing methodologies and plans, documentation of results and development of remediation plans.
• Comprehensive knowledge in interpreting and applying financial policies and procedures including the use of generally accepted financial principles and methodologies.
• Proven background in the development and maintenance of highly complex financial spreadsheets and databases containing advanced functions and extensive experience in utilizing commercial and/or institutional financial tools.
• Extensive experience applying skills to independently research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present data and information.
• Strong record of advanced decision making, problem-solving and analytical skills to independently solve highly complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact.
• Expert written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively prepare and deliver financial compliance briefings, documentation, reports and expert financial advice to senior Laboratory personnel, and/or other external organizations and agencies.
• Highly effective interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade and build consensus among diverse stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
• Proven ability to independently devise new approaches, perform assignments, and make decisions with high consequence of error without appreciable direction from management.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• CPA or MBA.
• Proven ability to plan, conduct and report on financial accounting and operational audits, using general accepted auditing standards.
• Proven ability working with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a full time career appointment.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
• Work will be primarily performed at the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) — Bldg. 971, 6401 Hollis St., Emeryville CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=90143 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".