What We Require:
- Studies in Arts Administration, Marketing, Music Education, Non-profit Management, Sound Recording, Hospitality or other relevant program
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a variety of people
- Flexible in nature, especially under pressure
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive projects
- Interest in classical music, the arts, non-profits, development, education, or marketing as a career
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude even in high-pressure situations
- Strongly prefer candidates who are seeking an internship for school credit
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Additional skills and experience may be required for the sound engineering internship, including a familiarity with recording classical music and the ability to correctly wrap/coil audio cables
Bravo! Vail values all of its interns and has worked hard to develop a program which ensures you will receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become knowledgeable in many areas of a non-profit arts organization. You will learn how to work in a professional environment and have several opportunities to network with leaders in the arts industry. For more information on Bravo! Vail please visit bravovail.org.
The position begins June 12th and ends August 11th, 2017. The internship work hours will vary significantly, but include events on the weekends and evenings. You will receive housing for the duration of the program (available 6/10/17) and a paid stipend for the internship. Bravo! Vail requires you to bring your own laptop for work and you must have a vehicle. You will receive a gas stipend during the festival, but are responsible for the expense of getting to and from Vail. Please note that the internship sometimes requires long hours, the ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time, and the capability to lift and carry heavy objects.
Operations Intern, one position available:
- Assist with all elements of producing successful orchestral and chamber music concerts
- Serve as house manager for a diverse array of community engagement concerts
- Attend and assist with rehearsals, including organizing catering and light production assistance
- Interface and assist guest artists
- Track important information in ArtsVision, including repertoire history and the guest artist database
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations
Education Intern, one position available:
- Assist with all elements of producing successful education & community events
- Assist with Instrument Petting Zoo Events
- Coordinate and assist with artist relations in presenting educational programs
- Assist with all community outreach events
- Attend all Education staff & Education Committee meetings
- Assist Education staff with all student initiatives during season (master classes, etc.)
- Help to coordinate and present Free Family Concerts
Marketing and Public Relations Interns, two positions available:
- Create flyers, postcards, e-blasts (in Mail2), and other marketing materials as needed; photo sizing and copy editing skills required
- Assist with the hospitality outreach program, includes going to hotels on a weekly basis to update collateral and speak with hotel concierge; people skills required
- Create weekly concierge information sheets, highlighting upcoming concerts; knowledge of InDesign or Photoshop preferred
- Update hotel digital frames on a weekly basis; includes creating digital designs for each concert using Photoshop
- Distribute collateral around the valley on a weekly basis
- Learn the website CMS system and assist with website updates
- Work on summer research projects, including Economic Impact Study survey (includes survey distribution and data collection) and subscription offering analysis project
- Assist with management of Bravo! Vail’s social media sites; take photos and videos at community events and concerts and post on sites
- Organize all season photos
- Manage and maintain the press clipping book
Development and Events Interns, two positions available:
- Assist Development staff with planning and execution of donor events
- Attend all events as assigned, and assist with reception table and other duties at events
- Create sponsor recognition and event collateral as needed, specifically event sponsor signs
- Assist with planning of Annual Gala Dinner, Dance and Auction
- Create auction booklet
- Prepare all gala signage and collateral
- Assist on-site at gala
- Produce thank you cards for auction donors, buyers and sponsors
- Maintain RSVP lists for social events
- Organize and distribute donor gift bags at concerts
- Assist in donor fulfillment duties as needed
- Prepare Development reports for staff as needed
- Interact with donors on a regular basis via telephone, email and in person
- Create final reports for all event and festival sponsors
Sound Recording Interns, two positions available:
- Under the direction of the chief sound engineer, sound intern will:
- Record all concerts and events that are part of the Festival for archival purposes.
- Handle mixing, mastering and archiving all events recorded
- Assist where needed at the Ford Amphitheater and other locations.
Artist Liaison, one position available:
- This is a unique and demanding position for someone with a strong background and/or interest in classical music, concert logistics, and artist relations. Responsibilities include dealing directly with artists and their managers, organizing itineraries, rehearsal schedules, transportation, etc. The hours are much longer and the demands are generally greater than that of the other internships. Please indicate if you would like to be considered for this opportunity, in addition to the other internships.
Shared Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist with patron loyalty initiative including placing notes on seats prior to concert
- Collateral distribution: distribute Bravo! Vail posters, pocket calendars, and other collateral throughout town
- Attend all concerts and events on a shared rotation
- Assist with Free Family Concert and education activities throughout the summer
- Assist with any projects that may arise as needed
Deadline to apply is February 21, 2017. Please apply online with your resume and cover letter by accessing this link Bravo! Vail Internship Application. You may apply to more than one position in different departments.
You will receive an auto-generated response indicating receipt of your application within one week.
Want to get an extra edge on your application? We want to get to know you! Include a link or attach a video of a short, 3-minute MAXIMUM video telling us about yourself. Here are some questions for which we are eager to hear responses:
- What unique qualities could you bring to our team?
- Why do you want to work for Bravo! Vail?
- What do you hope to gain from this experience if you are given the opportunity?
Please note the quality of the video is NOT IMPORTANT. You can record the short video on your smartphone, we don’t care! We just want to know more about who you are and how you would fit into our team. If you do post the video online, please only do so with a private setting.