Our company has created a new position for an Industrial Engineer with experience in NPI logistics and manufacturing process and equipment implementation reporting directly to the Plant General Manager.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of an IPT team tasked to set up the production lines required to support a multiyear/multimillion dollar new program. Certification in Lean Six Sigma is a must.
We are a successful Aerospace Company that offers a comprehensive range of high performance composite manufacturing services. These services support platforms across multiple industries including Aerospace, Defense & Commercial / General Aviation. We are an AS9100:2009 Rev C Certified Company.
Position Description: Provide engineering support to develop and implement ways to eliminate wastefulness in production processes. Devise efficient ways to use workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make products and/or provide service to vendors. Focus on getting the work done most efficiently by balancing factors such as time, number of workers needed, available technology, actions workers need to take, achieving the end product with no errors, workers' safety, environmental concerns, and cost. Reduce waste and improve performance, study product requirements carefully using mathematical methods and models to design manufacturing and information systems to meet those requirements most efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as an integral member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team in support of current development and production activities.
- Supports successful transition of programs from the development stage to the production stage.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services.
- Determine how to manufacture parts or products, or deliver services, with maximum efficiency.
- Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient.
- Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs.
- Work with customers and management to develop standards for design and production. Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards.
- Confer with clients about product specifications, vendors about purchases, management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects
- Create new systems to solve problems related to waste and inefficiency. Solving these problems requires logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to the problems.
- Ability to acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements
- Support production teams in identifying and implementing process improvements that increase yield, improve quality and enhance product and personnel safety.
- Develops and updates process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
- Monitor process equipment operation and identify potential deficiencies/errors. Develop solutions to eliminate occurrence of equipment errors.
- Assist in implementation of configuration management protocols to engineering documents.
- Implement and follow elements of AS9100 quality system.
- Contributes to the creation of requisite reports to convey results of design analysis and/or material testing.
- Generate purchase requisitions (as required) for production and production support material purchases.
- Assist in maintaining the Engineering materials and the Engineering vendor databases.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for identification and implementation of new processes..
- Attend meetings, as required, to advance communication to support personnel, management and customers about technical elements related to current projects.