At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Engineering Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Operating Engineer will:
- Receiving and responding to routine and emergency service requests via online work order, radio dispatch or as assigned by supervisor/group leader.
- Performing minor repairs of designated hospital systems and equipment following established procedures and instructions.
- Performing limited disassembly as needed to access and isolate defective parts.
- Removing, adjusting, cleaning, lubricating and/or replacing noncomplex functional parts such as light bulbs, filters and fan belts. Starts/operates devices to test performance and determine if further work is necessary.
- Performing basic preventive maintenance of designated systems and equipment according to established procedures and schedules.
- Inspecting and/or operating devices as required and completes minor repair/service tasks as needed to maintain proper functioning.
- Maintaining communication with other engineering department personnel in order to plan and coordinate work assignments and describe and refer problems/service requests outside scope of authority.
- Completing, filing and/or routing a variety of logs and records required to document work performed and ensure compliance with hospital and regulatory requirements.
- Accessing hospital and/or departmental computer systems in order to process and forward work orders, receive, prepare and respond to routine electronic correspondence and perform other related functions.
- Maintaining neatness and safety of work area. Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment in working condition, reporting items in need of repair or replacement to Group Leader/Supervisor.
- Contributing to teamwork.
To qualify you must have:
- The level of knowledge typically acquired through completion of two years of occupationallyspecific education and four to five years' experience
- The analytical skills to resolve complex problems requiring the use of scientific, mathematical, or technical principles and indepth, experiencedbased crossfunctional knowledge
- Communication skills in order to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions or welldeveloped writing skills.
Sunday - Tuesday: 11:00pm 7:00am
Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm -7:00am
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Facilities Management-Engineering
Schedule: Sun, Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat
Standard Hours Per Week: 40