Under the direct supervision of the Research Nurse Manager or the Principal Investigator, the Research Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting departmental research programs and/or clinical trials for the Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition. The Research Program Coordinator will implement and monitor the collection of data for studies with subjects with a variety of diagnoses including, but not limited to, viral hepatitis (Hepatitis B and C), cystic fibrosis liver disease, cholestatic liver disease and various general GI conditions. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to: patient recruitment/ interviews, data collection, organizing collected information; records management, expenditure oversight, and communicating with team members on the status of project(s).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Working knowledge of research and applies general analytical skills to administer the logistical implementation of assigned projects, and to identify situations requiring special attention. Utilizing this knowledge, will ensure adherence to research protocols, operating procedures, and all associated internal/external regulations.
* Using working knowledge will assist in developing recruitment tools for assigned study(s), which include protocol/study specific data collection forms, drafting and placing approved advertisements, and contacting physicians for possible referrals.
* Develop moderately complex tracking database/spreadsheet based on study requirements utilizing Excel, Access, or similar software applications.
* Abstract data from patient medical records that requires some interpretation. Monitors data quality and accuracy as required by research protocol. Will run pre-established queries and may develop ad-hoc queries/reports as requested.
* Utilizing working knowledge of study(s) will participate in meetings to provide operational updates, report on any operational issues, and may make recommendations for resolutions to new/outstanding operational issues. May assist in coordinating study(s) meetings, which may include assisting in developing an agenda and coordinating information and/or participation of individuals from other institutions and/or universities.
* Oversee budget expenditures based on the study(s) operational expectation.
* May act as primary contact for study participants, which may include scheduling, confirming appointments, and escorting/directing to various locations on/off campus.
* Ensure that case files and accompanying paperwork are organized and current.
* Prepares for and participates in monitoring and audits of studies. Corrects errors in database when necessary. Writes responses to audit reports with input from the Principal Investigator/Research Nurse Manager.
* Other duties as assigned.