Position Number: D93785
Reporting to the Executive Director of Admissions and New Student Programs, the Senior Associate Director of Recruitment in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions supports enrollment management strategies by providing leadership and vision for the recruitment of domestic undergraduate students. The Senior Associate Director is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive student recruitment strategy in support of new student enrollment goals and initiatives. The Senior Associate Director supervises a team of 11 professional staff including Assistant Directors and Admissions Counselors. In addition, S/he has oversight of all customer service operations including our daily visit and tele-counseling operations. The Senior Associate Director works closely with the Director of Admissions Marketing and Communications to build and maintain communications that directly support recruitment and outreach strategies.
The Senior Associate Director will be highly collaborative with campus and community partners in support of undergraduate recruitment. The Senior Associate Director will represent the University and its academic programs and services to prospective students and their families, high school and community college personnel, and the general public. A demonstrated commitment to serving diverse student populations and promoting college access are critical skills for success in this position. Bottom line, we are seeking a Senior Associate Director with recruitment experience and knowledge, strong supervisory skills, charisma, integrity, compassion, humor and an unparalleled work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of professional experience in enrollment or student affairs at a regionally accredited institution, three years of which must be direct work in admissions or recruitment
- Demonstrated experience hiring, training, supervising, developing and retaining professional staff
- Ability to critically and logically analyze, synthesizes, interpret and extrapolate admission data, regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills and the ability to represent the University in a positive way to diverse audiences
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite, Ellucian Banner (or equivalent SIS), Talisma (or equivalent CRM).
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated experience managing undergraduate student recruitment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the recruitment landscape, demographic trends, and pressing issues in the national admissions dialogue
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse student populations
- Bilingual ability