About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Reporting to the University Space Manager within the Facilities Department’s Office of University Planning, the Space Analyst will support planning activities and space management of the university in support of Virginia Tech's strategic plan. This position will be responsible for utilizing the space inventory database and manipulating data to support space utilization, allocation and planning efforts. The individual will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on space use patterns and projections, assessing program efficiency and space utilization using data analytics, and conducting architectural programming and space planning. The incumbent will work closely with academic and administrative leadership, consultants and stakeholders to support the university's planning initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Design, Urban Planning, Building Construction, Building Information Management, Facilities Management, Real Estate, Business Information Technology, Spatial Analysis, Business Administration or related field; or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Work experience in a University or institutional setting in data analytics and space planning including knowledge of space management and effectively apply space management related standards, guidelines, processes, procedures and terminology.
- Demonstrated progressively responsible administrative and analytical work in support of a highly complex organization or projects involving analyzing and reporting on space use patterns and projections, assessing program efficiency and space utilization using data analytics, and conducting architectural programming and space planning.
- Experience in the creation of databases and planning documents with working knowledge of relational databases, AutoCAD and/or GIS software; computer proficiency with report writing tools including word processing, spreadsheets, infographics, space plans and presentations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in physical planning for a University campus.
- Experience in Real Estate/ Facilities Management.
- Experience in complex analysis in support of master planning, long range and biennial capital planning, space utilization and optimization.
- Experience in development and maintenance of system to facilitate asset-centric facilities management, improve data-informed decisions and optimize resource allocation.
- Working knowledge of AssetWorks Asset Management software.
- Working knowledge of GIS systems/ ArcGIS software.
- Working knowledge of data visualization software.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 02/28/2017