Pacific Point Academy is seeking a dynamic and qualified administrator to oversee and guide the new High School blended learning program. Starting in the fall of 2017, Pacific Point Academy will offer an above and beyond learning environment using its developed and proven academic approach combined with a leading academic online carrier to give students the best educational opportunities in both state of the art technology and curriculum support.
This candidate is well versed in high school oversight including daily operations and staff oversight, state high school curriculum requirements, extremely knowledgeable about high school credits, A-G requirements, online high school programming and general oversight of a high school program.
Candidates that have served as principals and/or vice principals, director of curriculum and instruction, and who have held administrative positions in private or independent schools would be encouraged to apply. Additionally, having a strong background working with students who have varying levels of learning differences or working with students identified in the mild/moderate category.
- Implement Board policies and administrative rules and regulations relating to the schools
- Assist in planning, developing, and supervising the day-to-day high school instructional program of the online school with the policies, guidelines, rules, and regulations as it pertains to supporting students via an online academic carrier.
- Work with Pacific Point Academy Administrative team to develop student, faculty, and parent councils as necessary to assure communication among the various school and community groups and provide a systematic avenue for the discussion of school programs, practices, and policies by all interested people in these groups
- Keep students, teachers, and teachers informed of the factors which affect decisions; thereby gaining increased understanding and support in all areas of the school program
- Establish and maintain a systematic plan for keeping students’ records on attendance, promotion, and other matters as required On-Line Director working directly with PPA online academic carrier.
- Take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the health, safety, and general welfare of his/her staff and students in the school
- Work with Pacific Point Academy Administrative team to devise plans and execute training programs which assure safe conduct of students and staff for any emergencies which may arise
- Take appropriate actions as required to increase student safety and to protect citizens and their property
- Keep the Pacific Point Academy Administrative team informed of the school’s activities and/or problems
- Work directly with On-line account manager to prepare and submit the school’s budgetary requests and monitor expenditures of funds
- Work with various members of the central administrative staff on school issues that support school policies, students, staff, and activities
- Develop plans to ensure that online instructional programs result in educational progress in specified curriculum areas consistent with established guidelines, goals, and objectives
- Develop plans to meet special needs of students and the community, and to utilize special resources available within the PPA school program and the community
- Plan for educational program expansion congruent with State guidelines
STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION:
- Assist in the recruiting, screening, training, assigning and evaluation of all school personnel under his/her supervision. This shall include recommendation as to initial employment as well as continued employment or dismissal
- Provide for the orientation of newly assigned staff members and assist in their development, as appropriate
- Plan and conduct, with the professional staff, at least one meeting each month for the cooperative study of instructional study of the instructional improvement of his/her school
- Provide for the development of a systematic program of supervision and evaluation of the entire staff
- Establish and maintain favorable relationships with local community groups and individuals to foster understanding and solicit support for overall school objectives and programs, to interpret Board policies and administrative directives, and to discuss and resolve individual student problems
- Help to establish and maintain viable and effective parent organizations
- Establish an effective system for handling all complaints and concerns received in his/her school, including the investigation of fact, and constructive responses to legitimate grievances
- Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment
- Continue to cultivate and grow the high school program into 9-12 operations working jointly with online team