Lone Star College-University Park
Executive Director, Real Estate & Strategic Planning (#20232) SO/UP
The Executive Director of Real Estate is responsible for managing the real estate needs of Lone Star College (LSC). Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to: property acquisitions/dispositions, property management and administration of a 700 ksf academic / business tenant portfolio, license agreements, facilities use agreements, right of ways, and easements in compliance with LSC policies and State requirements. Designs and implements models for planning, financial analysis, and policy development for LSC real estate function. Supports the Chief Facilities Planning and Construction Officer in developing and maintaining the comprehensive long range strategic plan for the System.
1. Manages the property acquisition/disposition process in conjunction with the General Counsel’s office including broker interface, due diligence, contract negotiations, property closing and final documentation closure. Collects, compiles and maintains an electronic database of project-level real estate documents.
2. Manages the rights and restrictions associated with LSC’s real estate holdings including easement agreements, access/surface use agreements, mineral/water rights, zoning, facilities use agreements, right of ways, entitlements and other on and off-site obligations in compliance with LSC policies and State requirements.
3. Facilitates the RFP process associated with the selection of real estate related service providers, and participates in the selection process.
4. Manages the contract broker/property management firm responsible for the day to day lease administration of LSC’s 500,000 square foot portfolio of business tenant space. Manages new tenant acquisition and tenant renewal activities. Develops recommendations for lease proposals, obtains leadership approval of prospective transactions, and finalizes lease negotiations.
5. Directly manages the portfolio of academic tenant spaces, including development of the associated lease proforma, preparation of lease proposals, lease negotiations, finalizes contract documents and coordinates delivery of the tenant buildout through the Executive Director of Construction.
6. Develops and maintains campus level master plans, in partnership with senior administration, optimizing utilization of existing real estate holdings in alignment with the long-range strategic goals of LSC.
7. Provides portfolio management support and analytics to drive optimization of real estate portfolio. Maintains working knowledge of overall SLC portfolio including capacity, vacancy, churn and occupancy / utilization efficiencies.
8. Manages the space planning responsibilities supporting System Office functions.
9. Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
•At least 7 years of related work experience, at least 3 in a Manager- or Director-level position.
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE ONLY
To learn of all available opportunities, go to: http://jobs.lonestar.edu. Search by keyword or click the "Advanced Search" link to search by keyword or Job Opening ID. Application materials will not be accepted via fax, e-mail, mail or hand delivery.
Normally there is no contact with applicants unless they are selected for interview. Some openings are posted year-round and are re-posted periodically; these applicants will be notified and asked to re-apply in order to remain active applicants for those positions.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States. More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
All positions are subject to a criminal background check. EEO Employer