Founded in 1914, Johnson & Wales University is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution with more than 15,000 graduate, undergraduate and online students at its four campuses in Providence, R.I.; North Miami, Fla.; Denver, Colo.; and Charlotte, N.C. An innovate educational leader, the university offers degree programs in arts and sciences, business, culinary arts, design and engineering, education, health and wellness, hospitality, nutrition and physician assistant studies. Its unique model integrates arts and sciences and industry-focused education with work experience and leadership opportunities, inspiring students to achieve professional success and lifelong personal and intellectual growth. The university’s impact is global, with alumni from 123 countries pursuing careers worldwide.
The Assistant Director of Student Housing Placement is responsible for managing the campuswide room selection process and maintains student housing records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages and executes the housing selection process for both incoming and returning students to attract and retain students in on-campus housing and to facilitate housing assignments and placement requests
- Maintains student housing records and manages changes to maintain accurate billing, building access, and meal plan eligibility; conducts periodic housing system audits to review data integrity
- Develops new and creative initiatives to promote the university
housing program, including establishing and deploying marketing and communication plans
- Collaborates with residential life and other student housing staff to meet housing capacity, occupancy and retention goals
- Assists in the planning and implementation of department wide initiatives and events, and participates in the development of department strategy
- Serves as a resource for students, parents and administrators by addressing student housing inquiries and concerns
- Generates student housing occupancy reports, and provides reporting and analysis on housing retention and application conversion and other housing-related trends
- Collaborates with other departments to coordinate housing for various programs and activities on campus
- Oversees the housing contract release committee and manages student housing contract release requests
- Coordinates training related to administrative housing tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Experience working in higher education, residential life or in other related work
- Bachelor's degree or greater in student affairs, business or a related field of study
- Master's degree
- Three or more years of experience working in residential life
- Familiar with StaRrez Housing System or other data collection and housing software
Johnson & Wales University recognizes that, along with its students, the most important resources the university has are its "human resources" -- its faculty and staff. If you would like to share in our commitment to support the personal and professional success of the university's dynamic and diverse workforce, we invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity and to apply online* at https://work.jwu.edu to requisition #3859. Questions regarding this position may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johnson & Wales University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Note: JWU accepts online applications for currently open and available positions solely via https://work.jwu.edu. Applications and résumés that are faxed, mailed, or emailed to our offices cannot be accepted as applications for employment.