Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Part-Time Lower School Nurse
Maternity Leave Substitute
(approx. May 1 to June 6, 2017)
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a maternity leave substitute nurse for a part-time (2 days/week) Lower School nursing position, to begin around May 1 and conclude on June 6. We are looking for individuals with an RN license in California (but will consider applicants with an LVN license or an EMT/paramedic with pediatric experience) to job share with the other part-time School Nurse. The two part-time School Nurses work collaboratively to support the learning experience of students by providing students with health care or evaluating their health needs. This position reports to the Lower School Director.
Responsibilities and duties of the School Nurse include, but are not limited to:
- Provide major and minor first aid to students and referring students to community agencies and clinics as required
- Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures in support of the school’s mission and in compliance with federal, state and local laws
- Consult with and provide advice to the administration, faculty, and staff regarding students’ specific health issues which may impact their learning experience
- Serve as health education resource contact for students, parents, and employees
- Maintain student health/medical files
- File required state reports
- In collaboration with the Lower School Office, develop the emergency drill schedule
- Provide emergency response team training
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically to:
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director