The Director of Equity and Inclusivity has direct responsibility to lead the implementation of the school’s diversity, inclusivity, multicultural, and equity efforts, including supporting faculty recruitment, development and retention; community outreach; curriculum review; and events related to community life. The position will work to broaden the understanding of diversity and ensure the school is accountable to its commitment to inclusivity as it seeks to embrace, welcome and support every member.
The Director of Equity and Inclusivity reports to the Head of School and is a member of Graland’s administrative and instructional teams. Qualified candidates must bring broad institutional experience and intellect necessary to motivate and lead a diverse body of professionals, parents and students.
The following list is not comprehensive of all tasks of the position, but serves as a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Serve as member of administrative and instructional teams.
- Provide strategic leadership on all issues of diversity, inclusivity, multiculturalism and equity.
- Implement new efforts and bring growth to the program, as described in the strategic plan and in line with the mission and philosophy of the school.
- Assist the Director of Curriculum and Instruction with discussions and implementation of diversity initiatives.
- Plan, attend and facilitate workshops for faculty/staff and students as it relates to diversity, inclusivity, and equity.
- Participate in the hiring of faculty.
- Collaborate with the admission department as it pertains to community outreach and the attraction and retention of families from diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborate with the Head of School to facilitate the work of the School Climate Advisory Committee (SCAC).
- Oversee the parent affinity groups program, including the creation of new groups.
- Supervise student inclusivity and diversity clubs throughout the school.
- Advocate for students of diverse backgrounds, ensuring all families feel welcome and have the necessary support at Graland.
- Work with parent and alumni associations to assist their committees on matters related to diversity.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications and team members as it relates to community and diversity initiatives.
- Serve as the liaison for NAIS, ACIS, and other relevant groups as it pertains to diversity initiatives for the school regionally and nationally. Connect the school with the surrounding community and community members.
- Track, document and report on diversity, equity, multicultural and inclusivity efforts and initiatives.
- Explore and investigate current trends in equity and inclusivity to discover the most successful practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.