NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Sec I-Intake/Sched (35).
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing basic front-desk support for clinical intake operations.
- Performs other related duties as needed by providers and supervisors.Performs other related duties as needed by providers and supervisors.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of space, restocks supplies as needed. Notifies supervisor of any shortage of supplies.
- Maintains and receives files for area. Maintains files in organized and up-to-date manner in order to facilitate their retrieval. Completes filing in accordance with departmental procedures. Sorts and distributes documents and forms for area section. Distributes materials according to content of communications and departmental procedures. Logs in materials with respect to time and data when applicable. Processes incoming and outgoing documents. Completes forms neatly. Secures appropriate signatures and forwards documents/forms to correct destination based on pertinent Medical Center procedures. Maintains copy for files. Faxes documents in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Answers patient questions to ensure understanding and patient satisfaction, or refers them to more senior level staff. Maintains confidentiality on matters to which they are privileged.
- Types routine material such as forms and letters, envelopes, etc. Types materials neatly, accurately and according to instructions. Writes materials clearly and legibly.
- Maintains cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff.
- Refers patients who have a question regarding insurance coverage or are in need of counsel on financial matters based on established criteria (e.g., denial of electronic insurance eligibility, ABN questions/concerns, questions regarding insurance or pay-or restrictions, making payment, multi plan determinations, any and all issues/questions/concerns relating to financial matters) to the Business Office Associate.
- Monitors intake work queue for timely intake completion.
- Scan all necessary documents (insurance cards, lab requisitions, etc) into the intake system.
- Responsible for patient check-in and check-out. Gathers all patient demographic related data and materials from patients and/or their representatives. Obtains insurance information (ID card, member/group #s, etc.), verifies insurance eligibility electronically, takes their picture and asks them to use Patient Secure. On subsequent visits, asks them to verify demographic info and makes any necessary edits. Collect and ask patients to sign patient related documents including HIPAA, MSPQ, ABN, etc. Follow up with patients and/or their representatives, physician offices, etc to gather missing data and materials in order to complete the intake process, or refers to more senior level staff.
- Schedules routine appointments and follow ups for visits and procedures that do not require/or have already been pre-authorized. Prepares the daily schedule. Refers all inquiries regarding pre-authorizations/certifications to the Medical Secretary.
- Provides reception assistance (i.e. greet patients, answer calls, requests for assistance are directed to proper individual, etc.) Screens telephone callers in pleasant and a professional manner; handles call; take messages or directs caller to appropriate person or area.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills and strong customer service orientation required. Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and Internet applications required. Light, accurate keyboarding skills required. Ability to complete multiple tasks efficiently and thrive in a team work environment.
Intermediate knowledge of computer-based scheduling and appointment programs strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.