Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Support Administrator position for Information and Media Technology is responsible for administrative functions of the university's Enterprise Directory, Google Apps, Telephony and PeopleSoft security needs, including troubleshooting security access, Google Apps, equipment failures, account provisioning, and answering student, faculty, and staff questions. You will be responsible for analyzing, developing and maintaining system account services for Azusa Pacific University and will provide technical support for our employees and students at all campuses. In this role, you'll be assisting our Support Desk, Engineering and other internal teams with a wide range of account management, software issues specific to account provisioning, or telephony. If you enjoy technology, creative problem solving, and working with diverse and intelligent people, this position is a great venue to learn and make a difference.
You will be a part of the IMT Engineering team, an agile development and operations unit responsible for the life-cycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University. Increasingly, you will be part of cross-functional teams bringing automation to systems supporting operations.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, related degree, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Google Admin Certification
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in IT support and Domain administration
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in system administration, coordination
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 1 year Google Apps experience
- Account provisioning, termination and maintenance for APU constituents across an array of systems in adherence to APU account and Human Resource policies and standard operating procedures.
- Provide Tier 1 level support for incident resolution, service requests, problem management working with other IMT teams who provides first level operations support facilitation.
- Provide 2nd level support for incident resolution, service requests, problem management working with the internal Account Services team who provides first level operations support facilitation.
- Contribute to and provide guidance and technical expertise for activities such as:
- Functional use of account creation tools and secure IDM solutions.
- Address challenges associated with access control solutions such as role-based access control.
- Work with university data owners to establish, maintain, and optimize individual and role-based access control across the organization.
- Participate in regular security or compliance audits related to system access.
- Assist in the development of and implement methods for management, monitoring and tracking of access to information resources.
- Work with management to draft, clarify and recommend changes to policies which impact on Account and Telephony management adhering to all applicable university policies and processes.
- Keeps abreast of IT advancements, consumer technology, IT architecture, service opportunities, and the existing software and hardware configurations at APU.
- Maintain enterprise and systems directories (OpenLDAP, Active Directory) for both client/server systems management and authentication, authorization, group, and attribute services.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, and implementation of solutions for continual improvement of account provisioning processes and procedures.
- Respond quickly to service disruptions, updating according to protocol, and documenting the event, participating in positive post-mortems, and determining root cause, and resultant service improvements.
- Collaborate with Engineers on exception process, automation enhancements, continuous quality improvements, and as required.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting and resolve telecommunications related problems, which may include training and instructing others on the use of various equipment/services, performing program changes, phone provisioning and maintenance.
- Perform PeopleSoft Security account administration processes, ensuring that account creations, modifications and terminations occur in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist with deployments of application code, configuration, etc from development through to production and it relates to Account Services.
- Assist with managing common security practices for applications and systems.
- Act as liaison between customers and IMT Engineering
- Provision University Active Directory and Google Apps accounts
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director of Operations Support
- Outstanding work-organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and coordinating workload with other members of the team along with the ability to work on multiple efforts concurrently.
- Customer Service proficiency for both internal and external customers with the ability to set, manage, and meet expectations set forth by service level agreements, management expectations, and resolution of customer issues.
- This position requires dealing with IMT customers, IMT staff and external customers on a regular basis to solve problems. The ability to absorb a large amount of information quickly, and evaluate the nature of a problem and to provide a solution rapidly and decisively is essential.
- Outstanding ability to triage time-sensitive tasks, accomplishing work according to service level agreements or expectations of the university culture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with an outstanding emphasis on customer service both in the timing and delivery of customer facing messaging.
- Strong ability to collaborate with team members exhibiting professional transparency and honesty.
- Learn new technologies in support of the disciplines described above, as well as emerging integration patterns and DevOps models for operational efficiency, availability, and performance.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- A solid understanding of operating systems in general; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communications, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts, and can use performance analysis to tune systems
- Basic understanding of the following services and their relationships in integration: application, web, email, file, print, directory
- Understanding of the following protocols: HTTP, FTP, DNS, LDAP, IMAP, SMTP, SSL, SSH, CIFS, NFS.
- Knowledge of basic LAN/WAN technologies, protocols and hardware.
- Knowledge of call accounting and call logging software
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
IMT Profile and Mental Demands
- In order to function effectively, this person must have independence, initiative, the ability to make decisions, and be highly motivated.
- Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a major university and how information technology supports and enhances essential services including teaching, research and academic support operations.
- A systems thinker, able to quickly understand complex relationships between components, and how we can begin to manage individual systems through repeatable patterns and automation.
- This person must recognize that internal customers are critical to the success of IMT at APU. This requires the person to be well organized, and have an extremely high work ethic.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- This position requires someone who is totally committed to excellence in service, and has a good understanding of APU's overall business, business structures, and business practices.
- This position requires acceptance of APU's Christian ethos as encapsulated in the Cornerstones. This person will be required to support and uphold the IMT Charter.
- To enable IMT services to operate normally at all times, this person is required to be available by telephone for management, consultation, and liaison with support, development and technical staff after normal working hours and on weekends. This may require considerable onsite presence to manage emergency situations.
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, bend to lower file drawers and reach to top of 4 drawer file cabinet
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Repetitive keyboard work
- Telephone usage-hearing and speaking. Intermittent sitting and standing.
- Ability to conduct business at other offices on campus
- Some climbing of ladders
- Computer monitor and reading
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature
- Proficient in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- CompTIA A+ desired
- CompTIA Network+ desired
- Knowledge Base tools such as, Wikis, and work management tools such as, Jira and Zendesk
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.