| As the region's only Level I Trauma center, Harborview Medical Center (HMC) is well known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally-and medically- vulnerable populations. In addition to the centers of emphasis, HMC serves a mission population for King County. Harborview employees are committed to the vital role the institution plays in the immediate community, as well as the entire Northwest region. HMC is owned by King County and managed by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine. The UW is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. |
Our Respiratory Care Department has an outstanding opportunity for a Respiratory Care Practitioner, Part-Time (60%) NIGHTS, (24 hours per week, 2 nights). This position provides opportunities to work in a department that provides leadership for unit and departmental activities that promote the delivery of quality respiratory care, effective problem solving and communication, and continued professional development for self and others. This individual will provide advanced Respiratory Care to patients of all ages, (e.g., newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric). Care is provided under general supervision in all areas of Harborview Medical Center, intensive care units, acute care clinics and the emergency room. Additionally, the person in this role will serve as a role model and provides guidance to other staff including review and evaluation of performance.
Competitive candidates will have mission centered professional practice, interpersonal skills, integrity and compassion, patient care advocacy, team work/collaborative practice, patient/family satisfaction/customer service, and respect for patient confidentiality.
Under general direction, the Respiratory Care Practitioner:
- Utilizes the respiratory process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation) to recommend/consult, prioritize, delegate, coordinate, and provide safe, therapeutic allocation of respiratory resources to patients.
- Makes independent judgments/decisions and takes action regarding a wide range of routine and complex staffing issues.
- Collaborates with appropriate disciplines to coordinate continuity of patient care from admission through discharge in support of the respiratory, medical and nursing plans of care.
- Performs specific leadership functions related to clinical practice, education, and/or management as delegated by and in collaboration with the Department Manager.
- Provides leadership for unit and departmental activities that promote: delivery of quality respiratory care; effective problem solving and communication; and continued professional development for self and others.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
For more information on the ERP, click here or contact Margot Simmons, Healthcare Recruiter at 206-598-9308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.