Requisition ID: req1352
Job Title: Adjunct-Automotive (Pool)
Department: Engineering & Transport Tech
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Employment Status: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Contract
Schedule: Mondays - Fridays; Day and Evening Classes
Job Description: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act,
in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Teaches assigned courses as scheduled in accordance with current department-approved course descriptions, course outlines, syllabi, and procedures.
2) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and laboratory facilities.
3) Assists in the maintenance of course descriptions, course outlines, and syllabi.
4) Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
5) Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
6) Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with the Faculty Handbook and departmental policies.
7) Employs student, administrative and self-appraisals to establish goals and objectives for professional development, and participates in professional development activities.
8) Provides feedback, as appropriate, regarding the general operations of the department, the division, and the college.
9) Attends faculty meetings as called by the President, Provost, Dean or Department Chairperson; and participates, as appropriate, on departmental and divisional committees.
10) Participates, as appropriate, in additional duties and responsibilities based upon the expertise of the Instructor and the needs of the department, division, or college.
11) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works as required, to meet workload demands.
12) Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: Microsoft Office; Blackboard Skill In: providing quality instruction (developmental, multicultural, applied learning) and support to a diverse student body; learning technologies and use of multimedia technology to enhance student learning. Instructional planning and presentation; incorporating critical thinking, effective communication, and other general education outcomes in course content. Ability to: perform student learning outcomes assessments; demonstrate teaching strategies that focus on student- centered learning; demonstrate a commitment to improving student learning through innovative strategies that aid student success and retention and reflect industry trends; adapt to multi-campus organizational work environments, as well as changes in the discipline. Extensive current knowledge of and experience in the principles and proper practices of automotive mechanical repair and diagnosis.
High School Diploma or GED. 3 years of formal automotive industry repair experience as a general technician. Currently valid ASE certification (A6, G1). State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Associate's degree or higher in automotive technology or closely related field. 5 Years of formal automotive industry repair experience as a general technician. Prior teaching experience. Currently valid ASE master certification (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8). Currently valid ASE certification (G1, L1). Broad experience/education across multiple vehicle systems.
Additional Information: Please attach copies of current ASE certification along with resume. Resume and/ or cover letter should also describe applicant's experience/education across multiple vehicle systems. Please indicate availability to teach (days / nights and scheduling limitations).