| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is part-time and works approximately 22.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Becker Medical Library. The position is located at St. Louis Children's Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Becker Medical Library, Washington University School of Medicine, is seeking to fill the part-time position of Clinical Librarian for the St. Louis Children’s Hospital (SLCH).
The Clinical Librarian is specifically tasked with providing clinical information services that will support departments and programs across St. Louis Children’s Hospital. This librarian also provides user instruction and expert searching. The position jointly reports to the Associate Director for Health Information Resources at Becker Medical Library and the Manager for Guest Services at St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participation in patient rounds or journal clubs to provide clinical information services
- Participation in nursing and allied health education activities.
- Conducts rapid turnaround literature searches (per request) for evidence based practice patient care
- Conducts resource and service needs assessments periodically for departments and programs
- Identifies appropriate collection development needs for clinical and evidence-based resources, and is an advocate for those needs within the library
- Oversees interlibrary loan and document delivery operations between SLCH and Becker Library
- Develops and presents instruction on information access and management of resources such as literature databases, online web resources, and reference management software. Instruction can take the form of lectures, hands-on sessions, tutorials or instruction materials.
- Develops educational content for EBM/EBP resources and tools
- Maintains the EBSCO Discover Service which provides links to all e-resources
- Instructs library users on effective use of electronic tools available for retrieval of needed information in a wide variety of biomedical disciplines including those available in mobile format
Equivalent of MS in Library Science or related area, with ability to handle library programs and supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Prior experience working in a teaching hospital, academic health sciences or academically affiliated clinical environment
- Experience teaching evidence-based medicine (EBM) and evidence-based practice (EBP) resources
- Experience in the use of instructional technologies, information management tools, mobile apps and database searching
- Experience teaching in a clinically focused field
- Excellent presentation, instruction and communication skills
- Must be able to trouble shoot computer and networking issues
The hiring range for this position is $23.24 - $ 30.21 per hour.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits.� Please visit our website at hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions:
This position is part-time working 22.5 hours per week.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G11.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.