The Financial Analyst provides high level financial analysis and ad-hoc reporting for the Office of Residential Life, a $43 million auxiliary operation with both revenue and expenses. Major responsibilities include running ad-hoc financial reports, analyses, reconciliations, projections and management of a student payroll of +300 students. This position will also work with internal campus partners including Enrollment Management, Bursarâ??s Office, Facilities Management and the Controllerâ??s Office. This position will create efficient and effective reporting standards for the organization and provides backup financial support for the Associate Director of Operations.
- Required: Bachelorâ??s degree and minimum of three years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Advance knowledge and experience with Excel.
- Experience working with complex financial data and ability to handle large amounts of data required.
- Strong time management skills required
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure
- Flexible to change and interruptions, manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong computer aptitude for learning new software and problem solving required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds required.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and education check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-18-08:00
Job Posting Title:Financial Analyst
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.