Job Description - This position assists the Head Coach in all phases of the Menâ??s Tennis Program. This includes coaching, player development, recruiting, and administrative such as coordinating training and travel schedules, video analysis and instruction, and completing compliance information. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumni and friends groups. This position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nationâ??s top tennis players to our Division I non-scholarship program. This position is scheduled to work nine months each year.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelor's Degree.
- One to three years coaching experience and/or competitive playing experience; some coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral communication, and computer skills.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game, and the ability to coach and motivate.
- Ability to write, draft, edit correspondence, text for publications.
- Racket stringing ability.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check - Criminal, Education and Motor Vehicle
Recruiting Start Date:2017-01-13-08:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Coach, Men's Tennis
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.