NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Research Scientist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting independent basic science experimentation based on research conducted in the assigned laboratory under the mentorship of a senior scientist. The individual will be expected to seek to build a portfolio of research accomplishments in preparation for acquiring a higher degree in biomedical research or medicine.
- Experimental design and independent data interpretation.
- Organize, attend, and present at weekly and monthly meetings.
- Facilitate communications between collaborating researchers.
- Extract and organize data from database as required for ongoing research.
- Performs histological preparation and analysis of paraffin embedded and fresh tissues.
- Conduct molecular biology techniques involving DNA/RNA extractions, protein extractions, and biochemical techniques such as Western blotting analysis.
- Conduct studies according to approved IRB protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Minimum B.Sc. degree in science with 2 year experience working in medical academic setting
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment essential.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop.
- Familiar with Internet applications.
- Effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Commitment to continuous learning as required by department administration.
- Ability to operate research related equipment.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
- Experience in tissue processing (mouse or human).
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.