Information Systems Security Officer
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Here at WakeMed, under the leadership of the Chief Compliance Officer and the Chief Information Officer, the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) will assist in creating and instituting measures to safeguard sensitive information within a computer network. The ISSO will research, help develop, assist with the implement, test and review the organization's information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. The ISSO will provide training to the end-users about security measures, explain potential threats, help with the implementation of security measures and monitor networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or other related analytical, scientific or technical discipline required.
- MBA, MPH, MHA or other related analytical, scientific or technical discipline preferred.
- 10 years' experience in IT security, including IT security risk analysis with a minimum of 5 years' experience in support of health care, pharma or banking.
- 5 years' experience with the EPIC EHR security model preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP) required.
- Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Weekend requirements as needed
- Call requirements as needed
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life, and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.
For more information and to apply, please visit us online at jobs.wakemed.org and reference job ID: 23008. EOE