The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is seeking a creative Web Developer. CRL hosts Web sites and Web-enabled services on a variety of environments and platforms, on both local hosts and cloud services. Under the direction of the Director of Information Systems, the candidate selected will work both independently, and in collaboration with other department staff, to design, develop, implement and maintain Web projects.
- Develop and update web applications with database driven and XML based dynamic contents.
- Conduct system administration on application servers and content management systems such as Drupal and Confluence: evaluate and implement modules, monitor work flows, develop site wide theming, template, content type, etc.
- Create templates, workflows and other tools to facilitate web authoring activities by contents creators and editors.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, de-bug and modify existing Web applications.
- Conduct user interface design, integration and customization of Web applications and products acquired from third parties, including open sources products.
- Participating in team effort on sophisticated development project; may be required to lead team effort or coordinate the work of others in some projects.
- Assist CRL member institutions in developing best practices and access to CRL digital resources.
Skills Experience & Education Requirements:
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years programmer experience with web-enabled application development.
- A minimum of one year development experience in Drupal or other content management systems.
- Proficient in at least one server-side programming languages, such as PHP and Python.
- Knowledge and ability to build complex SQL queries against relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, AWS or other cloud services.
- Programming experience with Web Services, such as REST, SOAP, API.
- Programming experience with frameworks such as Symfony and Zend.
- Working knowledge of LDAP, federated authentication and single-sign-on, such as Crowd.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git repository.
- Knowledge and experience in UNIX/Linux administration, especially with LAMP stack.
- Experience in site design and graphic editing.
- Experience in developing utilities to manipulate or remodel large sets of raw data for content ingestion.
- MLS degree and/or library experience.
CRL is a consortium of more than 200 leading U.S. and Canadian academic and research libraries based adjacent to the University of Chicago’s Hyde Park campus. In addition to professional challenge and the chance to make a creative contribution, the CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package. Respond with the title of the position in the subject line to: Resumes@crl.edu. You may also respond by mail or fax, indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave
Chicago, IL 60630
An Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v