| Company Description: |
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across four continents. For more information, please visit williamblair.com.
About the Team:
William Blair is seeking an experienced Investment Banking Vice President to join the Consumer and Retail Group in our San Francisco office which focuses on middle market merger and acquisition advisory, and equity and debt financings.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Execute and manage actions in Deal Teams representing:
Mergers & Acquisitions - Includes: client management, project leadership, company positioning, buyer list contacts/management, and negotiating
Public Equity Offerings - Includes: client management, project leadership, transaction structuring, company positioning, due diligence, issue identification/analysis/resolution.
Private Equity and Debt Placemen t - Includes: client management, project leadership, transaction structuring, company positioning, due diligence, issue identification/analysis/resolution, investor list development, and negotiating.
- Manage/maximize existing client and referral relationships.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred.
- Previous experience as an investment banker required, preferably in the consumer and retail sector.
- Objective and a constructive problem solver.
- Able to provide direction and leadership in order to build a strong team environment.
- Results-oriented, and focused on producing a high quality product.
- Clear, effective oral and written communication skills.
- Positive and self-motivated.
- Strong accounting and financial statement analysis skills with attention to detail.
- Series 79 and 63 required within 90 days of employment.
As a William Blair associate, you'll enjoy Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, along with a generous profit sharing program that includes a 401K plan in addition to a firm contribution. We also offer three weeks of vacation, flexible spending accounts, a business casual dress code, a 75% discounted commissions on trades, and discounts at restaurants, museums, parks and retailers.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.