The American Association of Endodontists (AAE) is a not-for-profit organization of endodontists and other professionals worldwide with an interest in endodontics. Endodontics was recognized by the American Dental Association as a specialty of dentistry in 1963. The AAE is dedicated to the excellence in the art and science of endodontics and to the highest standard of patient care. The Association inspires its members to pursue professional advancement and personal fulfillment through education, research, advocacy, leadership, communication and service. The AAE currently has more than 8,000 members worldwide. The AAE has a staff of 30 and an overall budget of $10 million.
The AAE serves as the primary source of continuing education in endodontics for its members, the dental profession, the public and others. As an educational and social medium, the AAE Annual Session attracts endodontists and other dental professionals from around the world to exchange ideas and learn the latest endodontic techniques and research.
The Association also partners with the AAE Foundation, a charitable organization promoting the advancement of the science of endodontics through grants to education and research The AAE Foundation exists to perpetuate excellence for the specialty of endodontics and its practitioners. It works to ensure the specialty’s place in the forefront of the dental health arena through support to research and education. Their vision is quality oral health by preserving the natural dentition through endodontic therapy. The AAE Foundation seeks to improve oral health by securing contributions, shepherding resources and sharing grant funds that support research, generate new knowledge and enhance endodontic education. The Foundation, which was incorporated in 1966, is the philanthropic arm of the AAE and it is a 501© 3 charity. Over the years, its mission and activities have evolved. In 1994, AAE directors and Foundation trustees collaborated to restore the Foundation’s governance and to initiate an endowment campaign. The new organization design aligned the Association’s priorities to the Foundation’s mission and has been an unqualified success. Today, the Foundation provides the specialty with resources to address needs, meet challenges and realize dreams for the future. The AAE Foundation has an approximate $30 million endowment fund and annual budget of $2.5 million.
The American Association of Endodontists is located at 211 E. Chicago Avenue in the American Dental Association building.
The Corporate Relations Manager is responsible for seeking opportunities to generate new partnerships with industry, stewarding ongoing relationships, and maintaining strong communications with the corporate sector. The Corporate Relations Manager works in a dual capacity for the AAE and the AAE Foundation.
- Serve as primary liaison between the endodontic corporate community and the Association and Foundation members and staff.
- Conduct strategic conversations with top industry vendors.
- Secure new and continuing corporate support for the AAE Foundation including both cash and in-kind gifts.
- Develop exhibit and sponsorship prospectus for AAE meetings including Annual Meeting, APICES, Insight Track and any other Association events where corporate support is needed.
- Generate revenue from sponsorship and increase exhibitor attendance for AAE meetings.
- Develop areas of meeting budgets related to corporate support, including revenue and expense projections.
- Track corporate donations and sponsorships and ensure that these transactions are appropriately acknowledged.
- Analyze and evaluate donation/sponsorship activities to ensure impact and growth, and recommend changes as necessary.
- Prospect for new sponsors, exhibitors and Foundation donors.
- Communicate sponsorship needs to the Exhibits Manager for implementation by the Exhibits Manager.
- Sell advertising in the Association’s publications, with the exception of the Journal of Endodontics.
- Develop opportunities for other types of corporate partnerships.
- Develop and maintain affinity partnerships and the AAE’s endorsed vendor program.
- Build relationships with key corporate contacts, and facilitating contact with other Association and Foundation staff and volunteer leaders.
- Leverage relationships to provide value-added services that support programs and activities, such as increased media exposure or product donations that support educational workshops.
- Provide primary staff support to the Corporate Relations Committee and the Foundation’s Special Committee for Marketing in addition to substantial support for other committees that benefit from corporate support and involvement.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of: endodontic issues related to corporate community; background of endodontic companies; exhibit guidelines; and related matters.