Epic Core Systems Analyst
|Req #: ||141390 |
|Department: ||UW MEDICINE IT SERVICES |
|Job Location: || Harborview Medical Center |
|Job Location Detail: ||Ninth & Jefferson Building (NJB) |
|Posting Date: ||01/18/2017 |
|Closing Info: || Open Until Filled |
|Salary: ||Salary commensurate with education and experience. |
| UW Medicine's IT Services department is looking for an outstanding Epic Core Systems Analyst to join the team! |
What are we looking for?
Patients Are First focus
Customer service mindset
Interpersonal skills and teamwork
Adaptability and flexibility
What are the perks?
Medical insurance at reasonable rates with TEN plans to choose from!
Dental Insurance at no cost to you OR your dependentsAND we have three plans for you to choose from!
10 paid holidays annually!
1 personal holiday every year!
Generous amounts of vacation and sick leave that you can feel good about taking (more than 5 work weeks in your first year) !
TWO Retirement plans to choose from one even matches 100% of your contributions with immediate vesting!
Voluntary Investment program to save more towards your retirement!
Deferred Compensation program to save even MORE towards your retirement!
Flexible Spending Account...Tax Exempt!
Dependent Care Assistance program!
On-site Childcare Centers!
Long Term Disability insurance!
Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance!
U-PASS transportation program and discounted parkingPRE-TAX!
Tuition Exemption program at the UW (and other colleges around the state)!
Housing resources and home buying options!
Auto, home, renter, and boat group insurance!
Valuable membership and merchandise discounts!
Federal student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program!
For all of the specific details on these benefits and more, please visit click here.
What will you be doing?
In short, you'll work closely with other Epic teams in support of Epic applications, and provide a cross-functional, knowledgeable, single point of contact regarding management of shared master files. These include Epic master files include user access and security, provider, procedure codes, payers and plans, etc. You will also be responsible for Epic Data Courier management.
And now for some of the "official" language:
This position is within the Epic Core Systems team and reports to the Assistant Director, Epic Core Applications. The position works closely with other UW Medicine IT Services staff. Participates in the overall development and management of complex, mission critical, enterprise information systems, with an emphasis on clinical and financial system interfaces across all of UW Medicine.
Provides ongoing support to the UW Medicine medical community by correlating user needs with information system design. Performs analytical, design, development, managerial, and administrative functions associated with the implementation of information system solutions. Responsible for the maintenance of Epic master files, Epic security development and maintenance including testing, quality assurance, documentation, and user acceptance criteria. Participates in the overall development and management of complex, mission critical, enterprise information systems, with an emphasis on clinical, financial, and provider data management, and user security management across all of UW Medicine.
Provides ongoing operational support to the UW Medicine medical community by correlating user needs with information system maintenance and support. Performs analytical and development associated with the implementation of information system solutions.
Coordinate and collaborate with business and clinical units, facility coordinators, and other IT teams on daily Epic production support and project work. Daily production support and project work require clear understanding of clinical and business operations, and other Epic applications, strong analytical and problem solving skills for different scenario and unique operation needs (40%).
- New user setup and existing user: Understand the different job roles from different UW Medicine entities, their workflows, the Epic security needs, and the relationship between job responsibilities and Epic security settings; analyze each unique situation of security request; work with different department personnel and other ITS teams, such as clinic managers, training groups, Epic Security Coordinator, Epic application teams, facility coordinators, and User Account Administration group on the appropriate solutions for the user security setup.
- New provider setup and existing provider updates: Understand the highly integrated master files and the functionality and impact of the key data elements of the master file; analyze the clinical and operation needs; work with Epic SER coordinator, the Epic application teams, Provider Maintenance Group, and provider database support team to set up provider records appropriately.
- New department setup: Understand how different departments are setup for different enrities and service areas; understand how departments are used in Epic by different applications and users. Analyze each unique request and work with the Epic application teams and archtects to set up departments appropriately.
- Payers and plans data maintenance: Understand the payer and plan data elements; work with stakeholders, such as billing, revenue cycle operation, revenue integrity departments, and other Epic revenue cycle application teams to ensure the data quality and integrity, and provide quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Critical master file data migration through Data Courier: Work with all Epic analysts on critical master file data migration; act as the critical master file data migration gate keeper to ensure the changes are made appropriately and the Epic analysts follow the Data Courier policy and procedure; and make sure critical master file data are migrated successfully.
- Procedure data maintenance: Understand the relationship of the Epic procedure master file configurations and how the end users use the procedure codes in Epic; coordinate with the stakeholders from both business and clinical operations to validate the procedure data integrity and ensure the procedure codes are set correctly in the systems; make sure that the procedure codes are updated in a timely manner based on operational and fiscal cycles.
- Facility master file maintenance: Understand the complexity of UW Medicine's facility configurations in Epic and the relationship between the settings and different entities' operations. Coordinate with different department, Epic application teams, and system architects to ensure the facility updates in various facility levels and areas are done appropriately.
Troubleshoot and resolve system issues in a manner consistent with a mission-critical healthcare environment following the protocol for escalating issues as required by department change control guidelines. Documents problems, action taken, and resolution for each issue. (20%)
Identify and investigate end-user concerns and document analysis and findings. Develop corrective action strategies with the goal of maximizing the effectiveness of system functions and minimizing impact to end-user work flows. (10%)
Analyze data and security requests to ensure data integrity and compliance with UW Medicine policies. (10%)
Perform and manage all phases of testing. Develop testing objectives, draft system test plans and prepare test data. Establish performance standards for systems. Coordinate testing execution and testing validation. Identify and document all problems with system software. Communicate with appropriate application analyst and/or vendor in pursuit and implementation of problem solutions.(10%)
Partner and collaborate with Epic Security Coordinator, Provider Coordinator, other Epic Application Coordinators, affiliates, and vendors to ensure proper communication between organizations regarding Master files.(5%)
Serve as a liaison between UW Medicine IT Services and the clinical and business user community, communicating with clinicians and other UW Medicine personnel. Provide excellent customer service while engaging in the use of clear, comprehensive, and frequent communication with customers.(5%)
| What you'll bring to the table: (minimum requirements) |
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Informatics, or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
2+ years' experience in systems analysis, programming, administration or support; preferably on mission-critical clinical information systems.
Knowledge/experience with database structures and advanced data management techniques.
Knowledge/experience with Windows and Unix operating systems.
Understands the role programming languages play in process improvement (i.e. data validation, data automation, data manipulation, etc.)
Thorough understanding of healthcare data and healthcare operations.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel; basic proficiency with all other applications in the Microsoft Office suite.
| Ideally, you'll also have: (desired skills and experience) |
Epic or other EHR experience emphasized on data management and system optimization
Epic Chronicles certification and/or one of the Epic clinical application certification (i.e. Ambulatory, Clin Doc, Inpatient Orders, Beacon, OpTime, Radiant, Healthy Planet, or Stork).
An understanding of SQL, Cache, and other reporting tools.
Basic proficiency with Microsoft Visio.
The successful candidate will also:
Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Possess excellent problem solving skills.
Require minimal supervision.
Be a team player with a team-oriented mindset and detail-oriented approach, focusing on quality and thoroughness.
|CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:|
| What are some of the other tidbits that you might want to know? |
The individual in this position is expected to work normal daytime hours and supports customers via telephone, email and participates in site meetings. However, significant off-hours and weekends may be needed to resolve problems and during implementation and maintenance activities. This individual is also expected to be available for call on a 24x7 basis as needed and participate in on-call rotation.
Because of the physically separated sites for UW Medicine, this position requires the ability to quickly access sites, using personal means of transportation. Travel to/from includes, but is not limited to, UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital, downtown Seattle, and other facilities which are affiliated with UW Medicine.
This posting may not include the complete description for the role. For a complete job description, please reference the department's document for this position.
Who are we and what do we do?
UW Medicine's mission is to improve the health of the public by advancing medical knowledge, to provide outstanding primary and specialty care to the people of the region, and to prepare tomorrow's physicians, scientists and other health professionals. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UW Medicine's Information Technology Services (ITS) department is a shared services organization that supports ALL of UW Medicine! UW Medicine is comprised of Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest. In addition, UW Medicine shares in the ownership and governance of Children's University Medical Group and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (a partnership between UW Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research and Seattle Children's). ITS is responsible for the ongoing support and maintenance of the infrastructure and applications which support all of these institutions, along with the implementation of new services and applications that are used to support and further the UW Medicine mission.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or click here to send an email.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship and sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.