|Req #: ||141380 |
|Department: ||LABORATORY MEDICINE |
|Job Location: || UW Medical Center |
|Job Location Detail: ||University Washington Medical Center |
|Posting Date: ||01/18/2017 |
|Closing Info: || Open Until Filled |
|Salary: ||$3461 - $4651 monthly |
|Union Position: ||Yes |
| || This classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit Union Information |
|Shift: ||1st shift (Days) |
| The Department of Laboratory Medicine serves as a regional resource for clinical laboratory services required for patient care, research and educational programs in laboratory medicine. The department now employs 900 people who work at the award-winning University of Washington Medical Center (ranked among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report), Harborview Medical Center (the region's only Level I Trauma center, known for innovations and excellence in trauma care and its centers of emphasis: Trauma, Burn, Neurosciences, AIDS/STD CARER, and mentally- and medically- vulnerable populations.), and many other clinical and research facilities in the area. The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement and natural beauty. |
Our Laboratory Medicine Department has an outstanding opportunity for a Full-Time Budget/Fiscal Analyst. Under the general direction of the Finance Manager, the Budget/Fiscal Analyst position is responsible for reviewing and assisting with reconciliations of the department's self-sustaining budget. This position performs monthly complex coding of over 200 expenditure transactions, as well as monitoring and managing expense transfers. This Budget/Fiscal Analyst will assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly financial reports for the Department's Executives and Hospital financial reports for clinical Managers. In addition, this position will assist the Finance Manager with accounting/reporting summary information and analysis of financial reports. Experience in Accounting, Access Database, and Excel is highly desirable.
Primary Job Functions:
- Initiate appropriate internal controls and audit trails to assure proper and appropriate charges to budgets; investigate questionable entries and initiate corrective measures.
- Perform monthly complex coding for expenditures that are posted on Financial Desktop without complete sub-sub object codes.
- Assist Finance Manager with preparation of monthly financial reports for the department including: Statement of Income, Statement of Revenue, Expense report, and Virology report.
- Assist with preparation of monthly hospital FTE reports for clinical managers.
- Assist with monthly departmental FTE report for Virology division.
- Prepare, compile and provide fiscal reports such as year-end reports, budgetary reports, and auditing reports.
- Prepare monthly JV transfers, CTI, invoices, and expense transfers.
- Maintain policies and procedures documentation and operations manual related to Reconciliation.
- Maintain and update department Financial Access database.
- Oversee archiving fiscal records procedure.
- Generate expense detail reports upon inquiry request from supervisor or upper management.
- Participate in the preparation of biennial budget requests including reviewing, analyzing and summarizing fiscal data; resolve inconsistencies in budget request with originator.
- Assist Finance Manager with tracking of department Account Receivables.
- Perform detailed work on a daily basis that requires absolute accuracy.
- Provide back up support for Finance Manager including eviewing the work of two Fiscal Specialists.
- Conduct various statistical analyses and modeling involving fiscal/budget data.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
- A Bachelor's Degree with major study in accounting, business administration, or related field and Two Years of work experience as a Fiscal Specialist, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, pivot table, and working familiarity with Access Database.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail.
|CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:|
- Employees working in Laboratory Medicine should be informed that it may be necessary to work in other departmental locations in order to meet patient service requirements, i.e. UWMC, SCH, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Roosevelt, etc. This travel between sites may result in indirect exposure to infectious patients.
- Lab Medicine employees are considered essential staff and as such are required to report to work during inclement weather.