| POSITION DETAILSThis position reports to the Academic Advising Specialist. The Academic Advising Coordinator responsibilities, in addition to the duties listed within the CUNY title overview, include but are not limited to:|
* Supports advising and student affairs programming for the Student Center, including some nights and weekends
* Coordinates front desk in-take for the Student Center, especially during high traffic times and event check-ins.
* Updates advisement communication materials and participates in media design and communication working group.
* Works with students to resolve academic issues by providing policy information and/or referralsfor new students, peer advisors, faculty and academic unit advisors, and professional academic advisors
* Advises students regarding academic requirements, campus resources, academic planning, and co-curricular opportunities.
* Assists in developing and conducting advising program assessment and compiling and analyzing data.
* Actively promote accessibility and visibility of advising through public programs and online presence.
* The Coordinator is expected to have staff photo and biography on website, and engage in Skype advising, chat rooms, social media, videos, and online tutorials.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
* Two years of higher education administration, advising or related experience preferred.
* Displays and employs solid written and oral communication skills.
* Computer and technology skills, especially Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), experience with social media and CRM systems as well as communications software preferred.
* Experience in assisting with programs and providing services to support student success and retention.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWProvides basic administrative support for the academic counseling program.
* Coordinates group student academic counseling and advisement workshops; schedules on-going advisement sessions
* Works with students to resolve academic issues by providing policy information and/or referrals
* Assists with training students, faculty and staff on use of advising technologies
* Conducts workshops for new faculty
* Updates advisement communication materials
* May conduct surveys of student services to evaluate program effectiveness; compiles data to prepare activity reports as needed
* May occasionally offer general academic advisement to students in degree and certificate programs.
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Academic Advising CoordinatorCUNY TITLEAssistant to HEOFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITS$38,701 - $45,278; Salary commensurate with experience.CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefit. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYClick on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.CLOSING DATEOpen until filled with review of applications to begin February 1, 2017.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Hunter College*Job Title:
* Academic Advising Coordinator (Office of Advising – Division of Student Affairs)*Job ID:
* 16189*Full/Part Time: