- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or related field
- 5+ years of finance and operation experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, Board members, and representatives from the business and financial services communities.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and financial planning policies, procedures, practices and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Results oriented, data driven, long term vision.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
- Collaborate with HR Director to manage, evaluate and make decisions based on best practices
- Accustomed to multi-tasking and ability to work in a fast paced environment while addressing a wide variety of challenges, meeting ambitious deadlines and collaborating with varied and diverse associates, counterparts, colleagues and clients.
- Commitment to school mission, values and vision.
VALUED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We value, but do not require, the following attributes:
- MBA, CPA or relevant degrees/certification
- Facilities project management experience
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION
- HR Director
- IT Manager
- Auxiliary Programs Director
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit in on meetings and work on a computer for long periods of time; and is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The CAIS mission exhorts all community members to embrace Chinese, become their best selves, and create their place in the world. As the nation’s first dual language Chinese and English Pre-K through 8th grade school, CAIS embodies this mission by working continuously to maintain our role as a leader in immersion education. CAIS incorporates the innovation and best practices from both Chinese and English language teaching traditions to create an immersion experience that leverages our distinct opportunities for language, subject, and cultural intersections.
Our three campuses are located in the heart of San Francisco and accessible by public transportation in San Francisco. The lively neighborhood echoes the school’s vital energy and provides ready access to cultural treasures such as the Asian Art Museum, SF Jazz, the San Francisco Symphony and more.
For more information, visit https://www.cais.org/about-us/employment
Email cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line indicate “DFO”
Please no calls.