WHY COME TO UC MERCED?
• Cutting-edge sustainability and clean energy focus.
• Outstanding benefits with significant paid time off.
• A culture of collaboration that is mission-driven.
• Radically fast, high-performance super computing capabilities.
• An affordable and welcoming community that promotes a quality life and true balance.
• Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to put your mark on and be a part of a progressive Research University.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of California, Merced (UC Merced) is the newest and tenth campus of the University of California system and the first American research university built in the 21st century. UC Merced was conceived both to serve the needs of the rapidly growing Central Valley, one of the world’s most productive agricultural regions, and to increase access to the University of California system (UC System) for California’s top students. Now, with close to 7,300 students (including more than 500 graduate students), UC Merced plans additional student growth to an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students in 2020-2021.
UC Merced is the most ethnically diverse campus in the UC System http://www.ucmerced.edu/diversity. More than sixty percent of the undergraduates are first generation college students. With undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs; regional, statewide, and global partnerships; and local community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving, requiring talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff. The campus represents an important point of pride for the city of Merced (pop. 80,000), a city within driving distance of Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, as well as the state capitol in Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area, Napa Valley, and the Monterey coast.