Chinese American International School
PRE-K ENGLISH TEACHING ASSOCIATE LONG-TERM SUBSTITUTE
This is an English language position, NO Chinese language proficiency required.
Temporary, Non-Exempt position from February through June 2017
OPPORTUNITY Join the vibrant community at the Chinese American International
School's Early Childhood campus as a Pre-K English Teaching
Associate long-term substitute. Become part of a team striving to be
the world’s most innovative, inspiring, and influential Chinese
English dual-language immersion school.
CAIS’s Early Childhood Division follows a play-based and
child-centered pedagogical approach with a heavy emphasis on
Chinese language development and cultural awareness. The English
Teaching Associate works alongside the lead English teacher to
provide a developmentally appropriate and enriching preschool
program for two mixed age classes (ages 3-5 years) of 18 students
CAIS offers a dynamic dual culture setting, in which faculty are
immersed in a culture of language learners. We look for a candidate
who will embrace CAIS’s work to create an equitable, inclusive
environment where all faculty, students, and families are supported
in their individual identities. We welcome all applicants who aim to
actively support our diverse and inclusive community.
Position responsibilities include ( but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with Pre-K teaching team, including lead
- teachers, other teaching associates, and specialist teachers.
- Interact with children using positive, supportive, and
- respectful attitude, language, and tone.
- Support child’s social and emotional development.
- Maintain a safe, engaging, and developmentally appropriate environment.
- Prepare activities in collaboration with the lead teacher.
- Assume the teacher’s role in his or her absence.
- Supervise children on the playground during outdoor play.
- Make sound, timely and appropriate decisions and take responsibility for the decisions.
- Contribute to the development of community among staff by
- having open, constructive, and solution-oriented
- Encompass a positive discipline approach in guiding student
- Develop a positive intellectual, emotional, and social
- environment within the classroom and a class community in which all children feel valued and a sense of belonging.
- Work collaboratively and maintain standards of respect, courtesy, and mutual consideration with the school community, including students, staff, and parents.
- Attend faculty and division meetings as required.
ABOUT EARLY CHILDHOOD DIVISION
For information about CAIS’s Early Childhood Division, visit
ABOUT CAIS The CAIS mission exhorts all community members to embrace
Chinese, become their best selves, and create their place in the
world. As the nation’s first dual language Chinese and English Pre-K
through 8th grade school, CAIS embodies this mission by working
continuously to maintain our role as a leader in immersion education.
CAIS incorporates the innovation and best practices from
both Chinese and English language teaching traditions to create an
immersion experience that leverages our distinct opportunities for
language, subject, and cultural intersections.
Our three campuses are l ocated in the heart of San Francisco and
accessible by public transportation in San Francisco. The lively
neighborhood echoes the school’s vital energy and provides ready
access to cultural treasures such as the Asian Art Museum, SF Jazz,
the San Francisco Symphony and more.
For more information, visit
TO APPLY Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In subject line
please indicate “Pre-K Teaching Associate Long Term Substitute”.
Please no calls.