| Location: Lakewood, NJ Category: Administrative Staff Posted On: Mon Jan 16 2017 Job Description: |
The Director of Global Education will oversee all global education initiatives and help shape GCU's vision and overarching strategy; develop, coordinate and execute existing and new global education programming and initiatives including study abroad, short-term faculty-led programming, and collaborative online international learning (COIL); maintain third-party vendor relationships, propose and manage programming budgets, support the development of relationships with international institutions and external entities, and promote the visibility of Georgian Court University to external audiences.
The successful candidate will bring a vision and strategy for undergraduate study, volunteering and interning abroad that complements the University's strategy, integrates international experiential learning into the GCU academic experience, deepens faculty engagement, and ensures that global opportunities are high quality and accessible to all students. The director will have the opportunity to build on existing strengths while orienting the office toward alignment of the University's strategic priorities consistent with mission.
The role will require initiative and the ability to work collaboratively with partners across the University, including faculty, deans, senior leadership, and other administrative and academic units to develop, act on and measure goals for global education as well as to ensure that international offerings are reflective of student needs and interests. This work includes administrative oversight, counseling student who seek to study abroad, helping students to arrange their studies abroad, troubleshooting issues that arise during study abroad, coordinating faculty-led programs with professors, coordinating with advancement and marketing for support of study abroad, and strategic planning and budget management associated with study abroad.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Managerial experience in the area of global education programs.
- Successful track record of leading teams to develop a strategy to achieve a set of identified goals.
- Experience living and/or studying abroad.
- Experience in program development, international operations and budget management.
- Excellent organizational management, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines, work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to establish positive relationships with multiple constituencies from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience with various international program and partnership models.
- In-depth understanding of the scholarship and practice of study abroad.
- Knowledge of best practices in risk management, crisis response and management, program development, program assessment, and the development of exchange and other partnership models.
- Commitment to enriching the quality and diversity of international learning experiences and making these experiences accessible to all students.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with a large set of diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with students, parents, faculty, study abroad program providers, and oversees partners.
- Bilingual or competence in a second language.