Associate I - Pantry, Cafe Nova (full-time, 12-months)
Posting Number: 20171233S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 412-Dining Services Operations
Preparation and service of food as ordered by the customer in a high volume cash operation. This person will work with management and co-workers to instill and foster the value of the Villanova Mission Statement and the Dining Services Mission Statement. This person will focus on our Core Values : Safety and Sanitation, Friendly Courteous Service, Quality, Meticulous Attention to Detail, and Safety. All of our associates should improve our systems and overall operation.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and/or cooks food items as assigned to order in front of the customer.
- Ability to perform all tasks and procedures as needed in a clean and safe environment.
- Proper use, care, and maintenance of all kitchen equipment and utensils throughout shift.
- Maintain records of food production. Paying special attention to food production during slow times.
- Restock freezer and refrigerator with food items needed throughout the shift.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High school Graduate or Formal GED.
- Basic knowledge of food service safety and sanitation experience.
- Must have at least one-year basic food service experience.
- Basic reading and writing skills, basic communication skills.
- Practices excellent personal hygiene habits: follows and adheres to uniform standards.
- Ability to: follow directions and complete assigned tasks, work with minimal supervision, and interact with people on a constant basis.
- Basic knowledge of operating kitchen equipment and their functions.
- Ability to: set- up, operate, break down, and clean, properly use knives,slicer, soft serve machine, and pizza ovens.
- Ability to use chemicals daily as required, and use proper protective equipment as called for by the specific chemical and task.
- Current ServSafe Certification preferred
- Tools, machinery and equipment used: Soft-serve machine, knives, oven warmers, and grill and serving line
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Ability to lift,push, pull up to 30 lbs independently.
- Ability to withstand extreme temperature (hot/cold)
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use various chemicals.
Special Message to Applicants
Monday thru Friday 11 AM-8 PM
Posting Date: 01/13/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: $10.60/hour
Salary Band: D
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10411
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency