Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 2,800 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition. Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members: students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
In the Office of College Marketing and Communications, the Social Media Manager is a creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative team member who actively participates in the College's communications efforts and leads its online social community efforts including social media, blogs, email, and website comments and other interactive forms of online communications. Reporting to the Media Relations Director, this position will curate and create content to support the College's Strategic Plan and branding initiatives by working to strengthen the institution's image, expand visibility and engage target audiences including prospective students and their influencers - alumni, current students, faculty, staff and others.
In addition to writing, creating, and coordinating communications for the College's social platforms, the Manager will:
- Serve as the day-to-day "voice" of the College and community in social media and other social web platforms, providing both proactive and responsive communications. Identify, interpret, and capitalize on social media trends.
- Manage the College's extensive blogging platform and program comprised of student, faculty, staff, alumni and department bloggers.
- Integrate institutional brand strategy through social media. Responsible for the social media presence of the College's official public social media accounts including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and any new or future social media networks and initiatives.
- Manage and lead the college's social media presence, coordinating the efforts of marketing, communications and creative services staff members who monitor and contribute to social media conversations. Stay current about trends, developments and tools in social media, and advise the College on these.
- Help develop and implement web marketing strategies and campaigns in support of the College's strategic goals as well as other constituent group projects through social media channels, creative writing, and communications content creation.
- Develop and manage social media programs that have measurable, beneficial results. Maintain writing / editing content which adheres to search engine optimization best practices.
- Refine, share and enforce College-wide guidelines and best practices for social media, serving as a resource for campus colleagues for all online social components.
- Monitor social media conversations and track keywords utilizing tools such as Hootsuite to highlight potential issues, and maintain understanding of perception of the College among the online audience.
- Analyze results of social media content and campaigns utilizing data analytics tools. Regularly present results, key takeaways and associated recommendations for improvement against objectives going forward.
- Identify opportunities for expanding awareness of the College among key audiences through social media. Recommend ad execute tactics, including social media advertising campaigns, to reach target audiences.
- Collaborate on College-wide integrated social media plans with Alumni Relations, Advancement, Admissions and Athletics to promote institutional and departmental initiatives and campaigns.
- Monitor and respond to the College's general email account. Forward inquires as appropriate.
This is an Exempt level position.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA) and the Boston Consortium.
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: http://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
In your cover letter, please reflect on how you might contribute to the College's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and to its mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (seehttp://holycross.edu/diversity)