Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other discipline appropriate to position is required (Master's degree and/or additional certification (CPA, CIA) is preferred and can be used to substitute for relevant experience).
Experience: Five (5) years spent progressively building a background in contracts, grants, and research administration.
Two (2) years of direct supervision or responsibility for training, work coordination, and monitoring the work of others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of best practices in field as well as all relevant federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting sponsored project compliance. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Ability to quickly analyze complex information using logic and reasoning to define problems, identify patterns, tendencies and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions and recognize alternatives and their implications.
- Instructional, training, and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships. Consultation and change management skills. Ability to continuously seek quality service and process improvements in order to support a mission and strategic vision. Ability to apply deductive reasoning and draw conclusions in order to solve problems and facilitate decision-making processes. Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information.
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated experience in ability to train staff and employ team-building techniques. Ability to function as an effective part of a management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Writes and presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Demonstrate pleasant and positive interactions with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers. Reaches compromise and consensus to influence and negotiate. Remains calm and is able to manage conflict, and works well with a diverse workforce. Approachable style allows others to be open in sharing thoughts and ideas.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday Friday, 8:30am 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.