Education: Bachelor's degree in biology, psychology, health sciences or discipline appropriate to position required.
Experience: Five (5) years of related clinical research experience.
Supervisory: One (1) year of direct supervision or responsibility for training, work coordination, and monitoring the work of others.
Preferred Education: Master's degree in epidemiology or related field preferred.
Other: Consideration may be given for a unique combination of education and experience.*
May require training related to occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, shipping of hazardous materials and/or ionizing radiation.
* Bachelor's degree in an unrelated field with at least 18 credits in a field related to the research of the clinic, or Bachelor's degree in unrelated field with at least one year of experience in a field directly related to the research of the clinic. Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possesses a knowledge of data manipulation and analysis and clinical research procedures and able to perform position in compliance with all requirements, regulations, and laws. Ability to understand and utilized scientific/medical terminology and research theory. Ability to gain knowledge and meet the reporting needs of UMB policies and practices for Institutional Review, Human Protections, Animal Protections, etc. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences. Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Maintains productivity and uses strategies to increase knowledge base. Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes.
- Ability to take a lead role in performing and directing various advanced, routine, and maintenance procedures. Ability to perform independent projects and to serve as a consultant in area of technical specialty. Ability to use measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments. Skill in statistical programming, interpretation and data analysis using statistical software as well as spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to develop and supervise a team. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Writes and presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding. Skills in ethically communicating risks and benefits an ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Capable of interacting pleasantly and positively with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday Friday, 8:30am 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.