Promotional priority for Teamster employees runs from 1/13/2017 through 1/21/2017
80% - Maintenance duties in all parking and transportation facilities
- Cleaning of parking surface and surrounding areas of parking ramps, garages and lots
- Power sweeping parking surface of parking ramps, garages and lots
- Litter pick up and hand sweeping of pedestrian egress areas and bus shelters
- Quarterly cleaning of parking booths: glass cleaning, vacuum floor, mop tiles, empty garbage, replenish supplies
- Wipe down access control equipment at parking access/egress areas
- Use specialized tools and equipment to assist customers with jump starts, lock-outs, spare tire inflations, and other issues as they arise (Motor Assistance Program (MAPS))
- Clean drains of debris and excess dirt from parking facility entry/exit lanes
- Power washing
- Remove litter, service trash and recycling containers, sweep, mop, seal floors and stairwells, dust, etc.
- Graffiti removal from signs, facility walls and windows throughout campus
- Pothole repair of University roadways and surface lots
- Assist with deliveries including collecting and delivery of inter-department mail
- Snow and ice removal from pedestrian access points
15% - Signs and traffic-related projects
- Deliver, set up/remove barricades and cones for events
- Make, mount and distribute temporary advisory signs
- Assist with installing and moving bike racks/lockers and abandoned bike removal
- Clean bike lockers
- Maintain parking access barricades
- Post signage to alert customers of upcoming work and additional sign work as needed
- Respond to needs for seasonal over-time hours related to major events or other emergencies.
- Replace and/or adjust gate arms and incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs
5% - Equipment preventative maintenance duties
- Perform preventative maintenance on power sweepers, vacuums, leaf blowers, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance (rust removal) on drain grates and misc. fittings throughout parking facilities
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires primarily fieldwork that is completed outdoors. Work in most facilities requires exposure to weather and seasonal elements (heat, cold, snow). Facility lay-outs include varying/uneven surfaces and stairwells. This position requires walking, climbing stairs and/or ladders, and operating motor vehicles, skid-loaders, power sweepers, etc. Exposure to potentially hazardous equipment and elements possible. Positions may require the ability to walk or stand for majority of day; bend, climb, reach, kneel; carry, lift, push and pull 50 lbs. or more.
This is a 2nd shift position. Work hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Anticipated Starting Hourly Rate
Hourly range begins at $14.11. This position is covered by the Teamsters Union. Union/Fair share deductions may be made.